“Hilton Garden Inn”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Ames
chandler, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel was quaint and the staff were incredibly helpful and professional. I used the Business Center and Fitness Center and loved them both. The Internet connection was very quick and the restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cedar Rapids, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hotel was great. Stayed New Years Eve with my wife and young kids. Staff was excellent, cleanliness was superb. Hallway was noisy through the night with kids running up and down the hall slamming doors; normally I wouldn't mind except for trying to keep my kids asleep. I would prefer a firm pillow, myself, but that's just a matter of preference. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Independence, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, lobby and restaurant were very accomodating and clean. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The hotel is located right off the highway so it was easy to find. It's also near several restaurants and close to Iowa State University for events. The wi-fi was included in the room which was nice for the kids to access with their electronics. We would definitely stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Tamarac, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ames, Iowa on 3 different occasions. Each stay was better then the last. The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holiday season. As always, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bathroom stocked with all the usual personal grooming supplies. The internet speed was adequate for all my needs. The adjustable bed was wonderful! I have arthritis and have undergone multiple joint replacements. I need a very soft bed and the number 2 of 5 was perfect. Although I did not eat in the dining area, I noticed it was very clean and the aromas coming from the breakfast buffet were most inviting. Both check-in and check-out were accomplished with speed and efficiency. This Hilton will continue to be my destination whenever I visit Ames.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Decorah
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Grandson, and ISU student, was performing in Romeo and Juliet, so we planned to attend. Looking on the web we discovered an excellent room rate at this hotel. Booking over the phone was a delight. The hotel was beautiful and the staff extremely helpful. Even a room glitch caused by previous night guests was resolved quickly. Breakfast was well worth the cost. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

detroit
Reviewed December 17, 2013

If I ever have to visit this area again, I will choose this hotel. Great curb appeal. As soon as I pulled up I knew this was going to be a good experience. Due to my the changes in my travel, the hotel was able to accommodate very quickly. The staff were very professional, greeting me upon my arrival and departures each day. The lobby was welcoming and enjoyable to sit in. Bar is in the lobby always a plus since it was cold and I didn't want to go out. A good breakfast was available. My room was well lit and updated decor and clean. Microwave and fridge were in room. A great plus is that you can adjust the mattress to your comfort level. 10 min away from Walmart, and other stores and restaurants. I travel a lot for work and this hotel gave me the extra spark I needed to get through my days until it was time to leave.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Sarah and all employees were very helpful during my stay. All of my questions were handeled well and I look forward to returning to Ames IA for a visit. If and when I do I look forward to the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business