“I would stay here again”

Hilton Garden Inn Ames
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Ames
detroit
“I would stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

If I ever have to visit this area again, I will choose this hotel. Great curb appeal. As soon as I pulled up I knew this was going to be a good experience. Due to my the changes in my travel, the hotel was able to accommodate very quickly. The staff were very professional, greeting me upon my arrival and departures each day. The lobby was welcoming and enjoyable to sit in. Bar is in the lobby always a plus since it was cold and I didn't want to go out. A good breakfast was available. My room was well lit and updated decor and clean. Microwave and fridge were in room. A great plus is that you can adjust the mattress to your comfort level. 10 min away from Walmart, and other stores and restaurants. I travel a lot for work and this hotel gave me the extra spark I needed to get through my days until it was time to leave.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Sarah and all employees were very helpful during my stay. All of my questions were handeled well and I look forward to returning to Ames IA for a visit. If and when I do I look forward to the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Unfortunately, we had an ipad stolen from an employee at the hotel. They supposedly were going to send it to us by FedEx. FedEx had no record of picking it up from the hotel. After the management admitted to me that it was an employee theft and they were following up on this, the management now will not return my phone calls to see if they have recovered the ipad!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lynne F
Southfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Excellent hotel! The facilities are beautiful and the staff are friendly, attentive and go out of their way to accommodate your needs. The price was extremely reasonable, we have paid much more at a so called "4 star hotel" and received terrible service and sub par facilities!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Dillon, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had a great stay! kids loved the warm pool. Thanks nice location. the kids loved the game place walking distace to the hotel theres bowling there!! Breakfast looked good but we didn't have it does cost extra. Bar staff was nice to visit with. When we went out to eat the front desk staff gave us a map of good places to go and that helped

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Columbus, GA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Outstanding Hilton Property in a great location...the staff is professional and the amenities are awesome! Close to ISU campus with easy access to shopping and entertainment. I highly recommend the property to anyone traveling to the area!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Rochester, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We visit Ames several times each year because we have two children who are in school at ISU. We now consider this hotel our favorite in Ames and always stay there if a room is available. We find it to be very clean and comfortable and the staff to be helpful and friendly. We will certainly be there again, at least until we are no longer paying college tuition.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family