Hilton Garden Inn Ames
$109
Red Roof Inn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$110
$64
$119
$115
Travelocity
All reviewsadjustable bedswest sidebeautiful hotelbusiness travelomeletiowa statehotel staffmy sonnewer hotelbasketball tournamentoff the highwaycomplimentary breakfastin townfront desk stafffitness roomrooms are cleangreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our family stayed here while we were here for a weekend Cyclone game, the hotel is spotless and everyone was really nice and very helpful! The kids used the work out room and we all used the pool and hot tub, everything was super clean and the perfect temperature. The bed was the best part, it was amazing! We did order room service and got wings and pizza, the pizza was really, really good!! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
JessicaPreston, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ames, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear NoCampingJustHotels,

Thank you so very much for your kind and honest review! We greatly appreciate the time it takes to review each stay honestly and fairly and were very pleased to see how you reviewed us. I'm also glad to hear that you were able to relax in our pool and dine in our restaurant. I've made sure to pass your review along to the kitchen and housekeeping team to assure they know the job well done you gave them.

Also, I'd like you to know that our Garden Sleep System Beds are available for purchasing. If you contact the hotel they can give you my contact information and I can e-mail you the link if you are interested in purchasing one!

Again, thank you so much for your positive review!

We look forward to serving you again for your next visit!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've stayed here at least once per month for a couple of years on trips to visit my aging mother. Although the members of the staff have come and gone, the service, housekeeping, food quality, and overall attention to the customer have remained high. Enjoy the hot breakfast while you're there. The servings are huge, especially the omelets. There are many hotel options in the Ames area, but I keep coming back to this one. Give it a try.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MinnTravelingCouple

Dear MinnTravelingCouple,

I'm writing you today on behalf of our whole team to thank you for your kind review! We know how busy things can be, especially traveling as often as you do and we want to recognize and thank you for taking the time to review us!

We strive to keep our standards high and I am pleased to hear that we are doing such. I'm especially glad that you like our large breakfast and want to make sure that you know about our bed and breakfast package that saves you a few dollars. Please make sure to ask for the bed and breakfast package when booking your room and you'll pay approximately $5 per person instead of the $10.95 per person if you walk into the restaurant that morning.

On behalf of the team, please allow me to welcome you back for your next visit and extend a sincere thank you for being a part of our "hotel family". We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We always stay here but this time it was just really close to perfect. The place is sparkling clean, the staff is bend-over-backwards helpful, our sleep was very pleasant and the pool area was neat.
We even ate at their restaurant that night. We were very surprised at the quality of the food that we received. It was delicious and with healthy selections to boot! The only problem was that the waitstaff we had was disappointing with a lack of attention to detail.

We have tried to stay other places when we have come to Ames and have decided that this is the only place we will stay here. Thank-you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NannerSwan

Dear NannerSwan,

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise about your stay!

With so many guests that we encounter every day it's always great to hear from the ones that had such a positive stay! I want you to know that our team has been shown your kind review and also expresses their gratitude for such kind words. Please know that we appreciate the time you took our of your day to review us and appreciate your decision to stay at our hotel.

We very much look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

While I seldom review hotels I use on business travel, this place in Ames is an exception. They are managed very well and the staff is always top-notch. I am on the road for business quite a bit and seldom eat at the hotel I stay at. However when in Ames and when staying here I always find time to catch one of the Chef's specialities. I highly recommend the salmon taco's!

The rooms are always clean but mostly the staff is very courteous and friendly!

Just a great place for business travelers!! 5 STARS!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room upgrade. More than likely you will get it!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn keeps up with the high expectations I have when staying at Hilton hotels across the country. Everything was clean and pleasant. Checking in took a bit longer than what is typical: there was only one employee and she was trying to manage not only checking me in, but also 2 phone calls and a malfunctioning computer. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I don't usually see this at Garden Inns.

The room itself was clean and well-appointed. The a/c/heating unit was a bit loud, but it made for good white noise to sleep. I definitely didn't hear any other noises.

Breakfast was good, though the sausage and potatoes could've been a bit warmer. The service at breakfast was fantastic. I liked the different butters they had (mixed berry and something with raisins)

This hotel is within walking distance of a couple restaurants, a gas station and a liquor store (which can help decrease your hotel bar tab). it's located right off the highway so it was easy to find.

About The only thing I didn't like was the bed I slept horrible. I've stayed in other Garden Inns with the "select you comfort" beds and usually have no problems sleeping, but unfortunately this time was not like that. Maybe it was because the pillows were a bit flat or the fan was loud or maybe it was just me and I wouldve slept awful on any bed that night.. Whatever it was though, I woke up feeling miserable and exhausted. I'm guessing it was a fluke this time, so I'll definately be back here again the next time I'm passing through town. If I sleep badly on my next stay, I'll blame it on the hotel, but for now, I'll attribute it to just being one of those nights where you can't sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business