“Quite satisfied”
Review of Days Inn Ames

Days Inn Ames
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Ames
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Easy to find and access. Service was good. Room was nice and clean. Very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2009

We called ahead and booked 2 double rooms here for four adults during a trip from Wisconsin to New Mexico. We needed first floor and were given #117 and #121. Rooms were decent-sized but had their quirks. #121 lacked the suitcase bench present in #117, which also had an out-of-date phone book. The bathroom light in #117 sometimes cut out-- faulty switch? There was a microwave and ironing board & iron, but no fridge. Only one chair, for the desk. The cable TV offerings were extensive, but some of the channels had changed from the listings on the channel card. Our TV remote did not work properly; the manager tried to reprogram it but was only partially successful. The double beds, however, were very good, the room was quiet and we slept well. The continental breakfast was pretty basic, with the usual cereal, breads, sweet rolls, juice, etc. Despite the quirks, we spent a pleasant night and, at $60, thought we got good value. I would say it's a bit overrated on tripadvisor, though.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I stayed at this hotel while I was in Ames visiting friends at the University. This place has a great location and is overall a very nice place to stay. The rooms were well furnished and the hotel staff was extremely polite and helpful. I was pleasantly surpriced and how nice the room was for the price I paid (and as a poor college student, value is everything!). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Booked this Hotel on a hunch that it would be to my liking.
Boy was I shocked to find such a Clean, Pleasant & Very reasonable priced Hotel.
I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends & relatives. If I were planning a
trip to Des Moines, I would travel to ames for my hotel. Believe me it is worth the
extra miles.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I stayed here for just one night but wanted to say that the Days Inn in Ames, Iowa was very clean, the staff was friendly, the bed was comfy, and it was very quiet. The continental breakfast was just perfect- it hit the spot nicely. It is fairly priced and definitely worth your time. If I'm ever needing a place to stay in Ames again, I would definitely stay there.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I was pleasently surprised by the high quality of the room which two friends and myself stayed in for one night. The room was very clean and was about perfect for our needs. The hotel staff was great and very helpful and while there was nothing flashy about the Days Inn Ames, I still loved the hotel and will stay in the Days Inn Ames whenever I need to stay overnight in Ames.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I suppose it was an OK stay just not what I expected from the Trip Advisor rating/ranking. The place is old and musty. It is what I would call the bare bones of an acceptable place to stay overnight. It is in an older part of town right off a busy street. It is in a good location for quick access to Iowa State University.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family