“Great room for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Ames

Days Inn Ames
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Ames
Iowa
“Great room for a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

I was pleasently surprised by the high quality of the room which two friends and myself stayed in for one night. The room was very clean and was about perfect for our needs. The hotel staff was great and very helpful and while there was nothing flashy about the Days Inn Ames, I still loved the hotel and will stay in the Days Inn Ames whenever I need to stay overnight in Ames.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

I suppose it was an OK stay just not what I expected from the Trip Advisor rating/ranking. The place is old and musty. It is what I would call the bare bones of an acceptable place to stay overnight. It is in an older part of town right off a busy street. It is in a good location for quick access to Iowa State University.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

The cost and location of this motel was satisfactory. Things to consider: Walls were very thin, ice machine was directly outside door-lots of noise, smoke alarm hanging from ceiling, feet became black walking barefoot on carpet and arms of chair were sticky.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

I stayed 4 nights. It was quiet. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Belmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

Great place to stay at with low rates. We just needed a place to stay while we were doing orientation at the college for my son. It was cheaper to stay at this motel than what it would have cost us to stay in the dorms on campus. We liked the availablity of wireless internet since my son was working on a summer class while he was there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2009

We were given great service, very accomodating and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. We asked for extra towels and coffee and our requests were treated with
respect as if they were very important. Everything we needed was available to us.
The manager and staff were very warm and friendly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Holland, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

I stayed here with two children while my older daughter was involved at an event at Iowa State. The location is fabulous for shopping, restaurants, and the university. It was clean. It is simple--both the rooms and the breakfast were simple, but adequate for our needs. The owner was accomodating, both when I arrived pulling a trailer and, on our last night, when my son became ill.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business