Days Inn Ames
$70
EconoLodge
$140
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Express Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$94
AmericInn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Breakfast included
$77
Red Roof Inn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
$110
$63
Hotels.com
All reviewscollege towndesk clerkstaff was friendlytargetcampus
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Dirty, smoky rooms. We were part of a large group and could not get enough rooms anywhere else. Now I know why this place had vacancies. The main hotel bathroom was out of order. The rooms were dirty and our bathroom had mold in it. All our clothes smelled like smoke when we left even though we requested a non smoking room. The breakfast was very basic. No juice or pastries, just toast, cold cereal and coffee. Service was poor as well. When we checked in, we were treated as if we were bothering the person at the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I drive entertainer coaches and town was pretty well booked so had to stay here. Had another driver check me in as I was coming in late for my daughter's wedding. The owner Mr.Patel refuses to give me the key even tho the room was paid for two nights and in my name... Even after showing ID. Then felt something hard in my pillow... Mind you we are in Ames, IA. There was a anti-theft clip attached to the pillows... Really???

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I booked on line and requested extra towels, and pillows. When I got there I was asked how many people would be staying in the room. After I told them there would be four, I was told I had to pay an extra $5.95 for each person. When I asked why all I was told is "that's the policy". No where when I booked on line did it say I would be charged extra if I had more than one person in a room with 2 queen sized beds. Online I made the request for extra towels and pillows, the reservation was over a week in advance. After I was over charged for the room I was asked which floor I wanted to stay on. This let me know before I even go to my room that my request of extra towels and pillows was not going to be met. This is the first hotel I have stayed at that these simple requests were not met. There was trash in the hallway when we arrived at 5pm and the same trash was still in the hallway when we checked out at 9AM the next morning. It also took me over 15 minutes to check out because no one was at the front desk and I had to call and wait for someone to check out. Thank God there was a Panera right next door because their free breakfast was terrible. I have stayed Days Inn before in different cities and did not have any of these problems.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at this Days Inn in Ames, Iowa, a couple of Months ago. This time was even better! The room was even cleaner, and the continental breakfast was better. I will stay at this hotel every time I visit Ames. :) The people at the front desk are very friendly!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family