“LOVE love love their summer beef sausage!”

Amana Meat Shop and Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 11 Shopping in Amana
More attraction details
Owner description: Smoke shop famous for its smoked meat specialties.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Wonderful meats, great trinkets & some great metal wall art. This is a must see if you are in the Amana Colonies.

1  Thank twiggizbiz

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to the Meat Shop and found a wide variety of locally-sourced meats and products to purchase.

1  Thank Jeff_847
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I remember coming here years ago when I was little. We always had to try the samples of the summer sausage and buy the local cheese. Nothing has changed. It is a great place to get Amana meet. It is pricey but I don't get here often so I splurge a little. They do have online sales with a lot of baskets to buy or you can buy things individually. I will be back when I need another Amana wine trip!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This place is for everyone of all ages!! My kids love the big pickles in a jar for $1.00. Amana steaks and roasts are the best. Yes, it costs a little more but it is so worth it!! They also have little samples out that you can taste of their different spreads and meats. The gift shop has a lot of neat things in it. One room of the gift shop has all kinds of kitchen trinkets and things you can't normally find at real reasonable prices. If you are going to the Amana's this is one of the places you must stop!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We bought steaks for supper, a jar of pickled ham, country ham, sliced corned beef (delicious with the Amana Sauerkraut for reubens), fresh brats, Amana bakery breads, and lots of smoked brat selections and bacon to take back to family. (We're past t-shirts.) Everything has been delicious. Some local football fans told us that at a national bowl game, Amana meats were "exported" for the Iowa crowd.
The second room has samples, more German and unique items, lots of canned items, German mustard, summer sausages, and a third room has kitchen items.
There are whole hams, lunch meat that I think was head cheese, and many cheeses. The counter staff was informative and helpful as we made our selections.