“Beautiful Modern hand crafted furniture”

Amana Furniture Shop
Ranked #2 of 11 Shopping in Amana
More attraction details
Owner description: Amana's original furniture shop! Proudly handcrafting solid Walnut, Cherry, and Oak furniture, clocks, and gift items. Featuring traditional Amana designs alongside many new original designs. Custom work is welcome and encouraged...bring us your plans and let us bring them to life. Also featuring many locally made gift items. We offer Iowa's largest clock selection with over 100 clocks on display including Amana handcrafted clocks along with Howard Miller and Rhythm clocks. Other great American furniture builders are also featured in our showroom including leather furniture from Bradington-Young, glider rockers from Newport Rockers, and many others. Enjoy our workshop viewing gallery and learn more about handcrafting authentic Amana Furniture while watching our craftsmen work.
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The place was great. I have been looking at Amish furniture and have been disappointed because it is big, bulky and heavy. The Amana furniture would actually fit well in my modern home. I like the way that the history of the place was told using various signs in the shop. Expensive, yes, but what do you expect. It take time, money and talent to make this kind of quality. It was cheaper than I have seen for junk in high end shops.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I think the furniture is gorgeous and very well made. It all seems quite sturdy. They have a lot of unique clocks and some handmade wooden gift items as well.

The fact that you can go check out the shop where they make all of the furniture is a nice addition, it wasn't a very active workshop when we were there. It would have been nice to watch a little more.

The prices are extremely high and while I'm sure it is worth it, it's just not friendly to an average person's budget.

1  Thank LadyLacie
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The Amana Furniture Shop is what is name suggests - a furniture store. They also have, however, lots of other wood items - lots of kitchen items, clocks, and even crosses - the kinds of stuff that tourists can take home in their car! We enjoy poking around and doing some small dollar (as opposed to the furniture and grandfather clocks they sell) shopping. A cutting board in the shape of an apple as a gift for a teacher, for example, made it home with us. Good stop, friendly people - worth the time!

1  Thank Happyrocker
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My kids loved visiting here as much as I did. They got the chance to see furniture being made. The workers were very welcoming and did not cringe at the sight of five children walking in. They welcomed us with open arms and delighted in answering our questions. We'll be back!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I stopped by to visit their store. We were amazed on the choices they had in their store to offer customers. The furniture pieces were excellent. If we were interested at this time to buy furniture, we would not have any problems buying something here. They make their own furniture there right in Amana and they were excellent pieces. We were amazed on how beautiful they were. The sales people were very helpful and friendly. Check out this place when you visit Amana. You will not be disappointed.

Been to Amana Furniture Shop? Share your experiences!