Adventureland Inn
$72
$97
$90
Agoda.com
My Place Hotel-Altoona/Des Moines(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Travelocity
All reviewsswim up barpoolside roomamusement parkgreat for kidsseparate poololder kidswater slidesgame roomsdeeper poolkids poolzero entrypool area isbit datedsuper funsports bar and grillfree trolleyfun weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stay at this hotel every year, and my kids always have fun. The pools and rooms have always been clean, and the staff has always been helpful and courteous. I was surprised by some of the negative comments on this sight about this hotel. We have always had nothing but good experiences at this kid-friendly hotel. While the hotel decor may be a little dated, they have been making strides to improve and update. We noticed this year that our room included a new flat screen television and a new leather sofa. Overall, a good, fun, family-oriented place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank iastate123
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Stayed at the Adventureland Inn just so our group of young kids could swim in the pools. Way too much chlorine in the pools made at least 3 of our kids sick. We spoke with other families staying there that had similar results that day. Management not overly concerned. Won't ever stay here again....ever.
Rooms were plain, and plagued with the smell of chlorine. Not enough outlets available for personal electronics. Beds are below average. Free wi-fi, though.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank djohnson31
Reviewed January 13, 2010

This is a great place to visit exspecially in the summer when you can take advantage of the amusement park as well. But great place to stay year round..exspecially new years eve..a little pricey but worth it!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank slaughter32
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We have stayed here once a year for about 7 years. We always pay more than we feel we get for the price. The pools are the draw and you are able to relax while kids swim. There are 2 sides and one pool is great for toddlers and young kids, we have slowly moved to spendign more time in the deeper pool as kids get older. Temperature is always good, but often the chlorine is too high. One year the entire family and people we stayed with got burned by the chlorine. We inquired about this and wanted to be sure they knew so they could adjust it. they were very defensive and said that most people would know to shower after being in a chlorinated pool. We approached it as a piece of helpful info for them and not as a complaint. No aplologies, no accountability. We have always stayed ina standard room or pool side and they are adequate, but nothing special for the price paid. This year we upgraded to a 2 room suite. It was well worth the extra money and we really liked the room. OVerall the staff are very unhelpful, often times rude and tflexible at all. They have staff in ref uniforms and whistles and will confront a little old lady if she does not have her swimming band on her ankle. She may just be enjoying tallking to family and not planning to swim. No food or beverages in the pool areas unless it is bought at the rest or bar. This is difficult with kids who like to snack as they will ask you to take a simple bag of chips or m and ms out of the area. Front desk is not service oriented and so not seem to enjoy their jobs. Would not honor a $30 off coupon I had booked with and forgot. My fault for forgetting, but they would not allow me to use their printer to print it off. Put a reminder on your phone to print off your coupon at home!! Over all it is Ok, but I think we can find better than OK in the area for the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Yes it is convient to the park. Now that the good is iut of the way....The Pizza buffet is horrible!! Torttino's pizzas in a grand $10/plate buffet setting of the Finest china Iowa has to offer! Did I mention they forgot the flavor with the pizza?!? As well as the pasta and breadsticks....Just Blah food!! I hope you like a loud nights sleep! All night, all hours of the night, people barking like dogs, running down hallways, complaints to hotel managers ignored!! Did I mention Bed bugs? What trip would be complete without 'em!! While checking out I showed my legs to the checkout manager who promptly escored me aside (as to not make a scene!) and handed off to another managerwho said "We get this alot!" . Then proceded to hand me off to another manager. I Then asked "How many more managers before we get somewhere?" He then proceded to tell me that I needed to fill out this piece of paper to investigate the bites. I told him "Unless you have Vampires, I'm reasonably sure they are bed bugs!" He then shrugged me off!! Did I mention he shrugged me off?!? Never a mention of I'm sorry or how about $50 off your room or anything!!
Will I go back there EVER again?!? No!! I will play more (doubtful at $200/night!) or I will be stuck driving an extra 5-10 miles more to the park for a decent nights sleep, edible food, and a QUALITY hotel that actually tries to cater to it's paying patrons!!

Tried to load photos of bed bugs but would not load for some reason.....Trust me Bed Bugs!! In the newly re-modeled editions!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family