We stayed on a Sunday. It was just OK. Over priced in my opinion $179.00. We were given a handicap room because that is all that was left. The room was pretty big but very outdated. There was no window and only 2 lamps and the bathroom light so it was dark. We felt like we were in a box. The decor was from the 70's along with the popcorn ceiling. The shower was slippery with no mat to prevent fall. Not sure why it would be this way being a handicap room. Bed was just okay. Bedding was outdated and didn't feel clean so we used our own blankets and pillows. TV was a flat screen but the channels only went upto 22 and were not in HD.
Staff was nice, but not overly helpful. Pool area is nice for smaller children. Signs everywhere about not bringing in your own drink or food so they can over charge you for theirs. When we were there the swim up bar was not open and the pop machine on our floor was out of order. We didn't try the restaurant.
There is a shuttle to and from the park. That was convenient. They warn you that you have to wear your ristband at all times and if it were to become lost you have to pay $20 for a new one. They gave us 5 at check-in but we only needed 3.
We won't stay againi just because it was so out dated. We prefer nicer rooms with HD TV and faster internet. If you have small children then it is a great place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Adventureland Inn! At Adventureland Inn you will find 185 guest rooms with over 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space! Adventureland Inn is a full service hotel with two restaurants on site, as well as room service. Our indoor pool areas and courtyards are among the finest in the area, with three pools featuring the only swim-up bar in the Midwest! We are located right next to Iowa's largest attraction, Adventureland and also next to Iowa’s largest casino, Prairie Meadows! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Adventureland Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adventureland Des Moines
- Adventureland Hotel Altoona
- Adventureland Inn Des Moines
- Adventure Land Inn
- Adventureland Inn Altoona, Iowa