“It is in a TRUCK STOP”

Max's Highway Diner Bosselman's
Ranked #29 of 50 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 19, 2009

It would have been nice to know that from one of the reviews. The food was good, but our server was rude and slow. Had we had another gal the experience might have been better.

Reviewed October 12, 2008

This is my first terrible review of anything but it must be done. Myself and a friend stopped here after leaving the racetrack on Oct. 11
Walked in the door at about 820pm. The sign says "Hostess will seat you"..............we waited. Finally a waitress said we could sit down. We went to the buffet and found very limited choices. The salad bar was ok, the dressings were not labeled as to what they were. Take your chances. They had a carver serving roast beef and pork. She was leaning on her elbows at the station and looked ready to go home. The beef was dry and didnt taste good. The pork was ok but very fatty. The chicken was not done and even cold. The stuffed crab tasted more like stuffing than it did seafood. Terrible. The BBq ribs were ok. The vegetable choice was corn I think. The pan was empty but for some liquid. The mashed potatos and gravy were good.

As we are eating the staff is talking about the time and when they get off. Lots of cleaning and closing time activities going on. At one point while eating the girl at the cash register walked around the buffet looking at the food and turned away making a face that described what she saw. Bad. She knew it was not good.

Thought I would try the ice cream. I pulled the lever and it was barely frozen. Almost liquid. All melted in the minute or two it took to eat it. Not once did any staff ask how everything was, not once. They knew better than to ask I guess.

At 8:59 they announced over the speakers the buffet is closed. Immediately the food is taken away. I didnt want more anyway. The buffet was 10.99 plus drink made it 13 and some change. We paid and commented it was bad. She smiled and said she was sorry and we left. Maybe its better earlier in the evening but I doubt it. I wont go back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 16, 2007

great food. great service!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook