“Great food with huge portions”

Jethro n' Jake's Smokehouse Steaks
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great bbq, but the portions are enough for 2 people easily. Great location from Adventureland Park/ Prairie Meadows.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Waitress was very attentive. Food was good. Ribs and tenderloins are very good. Wasn't the most tender ribs I ever had but they were very flavorful and meaty. The sauces are also good. I would absolutely go back.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stopped and eat with my wife and son. Everybody really liked the food. we did not get the onion rings but they look like they should be tried. We will stop in next time we pass through.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here before and found it to be pretty good. This time was somewhat disappointed. I had the nachos with chicken. The guacamole and pico were good but the rest was pretty much flavorless where it wasn't. The chicken was totally bland. I couldn't really add BBQ very well b/c it was under chips. The cheese was also mild/bland. Could have used some zip to it. The Caribbean crawfish drink was good. They do have nice selection for different drinks. Service was friendly and appropriate. Very busy for a Monday night and almost every car in the lot had out of town plates. If I go back again next time I am in the area, would go back for BBQ only.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great service, clean, great food, leftovers, had our usually the 1st day, then something different the 2nd day and were equally as pleased. Take a light jacket in, it is cold inside.