“A hidden gem in Altoona, IA! Come hungry!”

Bianchi Boys Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #29 of 49 Restaurants in Altoona
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Voted #1 pizza in county. Great food, great service. Authentic Italian in the middle of Iowa!!
Omaha, NE
“A hidden gem in Altoona, IA! Come hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

On a recent trip to Adventureland we asked the hotel clerk where to go locally for some good pizza (not fast food pizza) and she recommended Bianchi Boys. It's a very small establishment in Olde Town Altoona, nothing fancy but clean and quaint. It has a main dining area with about 6 tables and a party room in the back (if you have a large party I would suggest calling ahead). Immediately we were greated by a very friendly woman (I'm assuming she was one of the owners). When she learned it was our first time there she explained the menu and made some recommendations for us. She was proud to let us know they were voted best pizza in the county and I certainly can understand why! We started with some homemade onion rings, which were the thin, string kind. It was a huge portion and fed two adults and three kids easily and they were fantastic! My youngest had the kids portion spaghetti and meatballs which comes with either fries or garlic bread for $4 (note, if ordering the fries they come in a huge portion that can easily be shared with others). The homemade meatballs were the best I have ever tasted! The rest of us tried the Boys Supreme Pizza. The crust is a thin, crispy crust and the sauce has a little kick to it (you can request a milder sauce but I felt the regular sauce was just perfect). One of the best pizza's I have had in a long time. Since everything is homemade, it does take a little longer than normal to get your food and it clearly states that on the menu. But it is SO worth the wait! We will definitely be back the next time we are in town.

1 Thank husker1594