“great hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Bend, United States
“great hotel”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

the rooms are very clean , breakfast is great and the staff are the most pleasant and helpful staff I have delt with in a long time , would surly recommend this hotel to anyone ,although the parking lot could use some attention when it snows , got a little slippery , other then that the place was great

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to give you such wonderful guest satisfaction. And we all look forward to seeing your face every week Mr. Dow. Have a wonderful day!!
Robyn Smith- General Manager Best Western PLUS Altoona Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I keep coming back week after week. Lovely ladies at the front desk and always have a smile to great you. I would recommend this Best Western to everyone. Close to all amenities. Pool is nice, they also have a good complementary breakfast... Free wifi

• Stayed December 2013
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about The Best Western PLUS Altoona Inn. We do appreciate all feedback from our guests and it gives me great pleasure that the customer service you received was wonderful. We look forward to taking care of you in the future as well. Have a wonderful day!!!
South Amana, Iowa
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have stayed here at the Altonna Ia. Location The staff are all very frendly and treat me like family. I have been here for 3 months working away from home going back on weekends then here for week days. The rooms were always clean. The breakfast lady is always busy makeing sure there is plenty food and drinks. When returning each day after I'm greeted with a smile and hello on a first name bases. I've enjoyed my stay here and will always return when in this area I will recommend Altoona Best Western to all that are in this area . Thank You ...Nate Messe

• Stayed October 2013
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your review on our hotel. We all look forward to seeing you every week Nate. And it's wonderful that the staff here make you feel like you are at home. We hope you continue to stay with us and from all of us here at the Best Western PLUS, have a wonderful holiday.
Robyn Smith- General Manager Best Western PLUS Altoona Inn.
Somonauk, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2013

From the time I made my reservation to the time I checked out, every employee at the hotel was 100% helpful and polite. I have worked at a Best Western for 5 years and I was at the front desk for 3 1/2 years of the 5. It is habbit to watch everything that a Front Desk Receptionist is doing and I will say that they all passed in my book! Thanks for the wonderful accommidations and a GREAT breakfast! That pancake machine, AMAZING! Trying to get one for my hotel :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Wow!!!! Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about the staff here at the Best Western PLUS Altoona Inn. We strive to make every single one of our guests experience here, be memorable. I'm glad you enjoyed the pancake machine!!!! We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a wonderful day!!!!
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

During my stay in November,the rooms were clean and inviting. The beds were comfortable. The staff was always friendly and pleasant. The breakfast bar, while not very imaginative, was well stocked and good. It would have been nice to have more of selection of fresh fruit. We were warned at check-in that the hotel was full and may be noisy, I found that it was actually quite and what noise I did experience was early in the evening and minimal. It was overall a very pleasant stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Best Western PLUS Altoona. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I am pleased you had such a pleasant stay here. I will be also looking in to adding more fresh fruit to our breakfast. Thank you again, and have a wonderful day!!
Dixon,IL, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is the second time we have had a problem with this hotel in 2 stays. The first was too noisy to sleep. They offered a discount on our next stay. A few months later we arrived at midnight to find our reservation had been cancelled because of an issue with our credit card. We are both rewards members and the number they called was not our phone number. We were lucky enough that the room was still available but it made for a stressful check in. The lady working the night desk was nice but the night manager showed no compassion for our problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Susan H
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I would like to apologize for any problems you had when checking in. I train all my staff to make sure all guests are happy and taken care of. I'm sorry this didn't happen for you. I would like to earn your trust and your business back. If you could give me a call at the hotel directly, I would love to fix this for you. Thank you and have a wonderful day!!
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I work at a 600 plus room resort in Wisconsin so I have high expectations while traveling and this place met all of them. James at the front desk was the only employee I interacted with and he was very friendly and gave awesome directions to someone who had no clue where they were going! Breakfast in the morning was really good. All of your essentials for a continental breakfast. I booked a king room and I was comp upgraded to a king with a Jacuzzi, made me with I had brought my husband! The room was clean and the style modern. If I am ever in Altoona again I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are happy your stay was so wonderful. The staff here want to make sure your stay is excellent. It sounds like we were able to do that for you. The Hot tub rooms are a nice way to relax. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town. Have a wonderful day!!