Best Western Plus Altoona Inn
  • Breakfast included
$99
$96
Travelocity
My Place Hotel-Altoona/Des Moines(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Travelocity
All reviewscookiesfront deskthe breakfast areamy home away from homedonutsexcellent customer serviceclean roomsstaff was very friendly and helpfulamusement parkpancake makergreat place to staywould stay againwould highly recommend this hoteldes moineshot breakfastyogurtbiscuits and gravy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2013

No hotel name on the building, entrance, parking lot. It was the only building around so we guessed it. I guess there is one for freeway. Very convenient location. Service is very good. Cookies and popcorns are good service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on your stay with us. Please except my apologies regarding the confusion with only the one sign. We are happy to were able to enjoy the popcorn and cookies we offer in the evenings from 5 to 7pm. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

My family and I were on our way home from SD to NJ. Enjoyed staying here. Room was very comfortable and free morning breakfast was excellent. Would love to stay at this place again. I would advise my friends to also stay here when traveling in this area. Service is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff here strive to give excellent customer service. I am pleased to hear that they could do this for you. We hope your long journey home was a safe one and hope to see you again when you are driving through.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Fair but overpriced. Breakfast area very small but rooms were quiet. Might stay again. area seems to have overpriced accomodations. Friendly staff. Not bad but I would shop around. Parking free and adequate.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from all of our guests. I apologize for the small breakfast room but hope you were able to find the breakfast items delicious. I would like to to turn your "might stay again", into a "I would definitely stay here again"!! Please contact me directly at the hotel to make this happen. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our stay was pretty good. The beds were comfy, great location right across the street from Adventureland Park. (Some folks walked across.) The breakfast was average, once again small breakfast area, but it was ok. I guess my biggest complaint is that the bathroom was crazy small! When you have family trying to hang towels, adding toiletries, laundry, curling iron, flat iron, etc, it is very small! Also the bathroom door didn't lock. The pool area is also crazy small and wow does it echo in there! The tile floor gets very slippery right near the entrance, witnessed a fall or two. They need a better way to make people aware or try to remedy this, instead of a giant orange cone.
Other than that, staff was nice and helpful. We would stay here again. If you want pizza, order from the Casey's just down the road!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here with the exception of the small bathroom. We do offer a Deluxe room which does have a bigger bathroom and more space in the room. We look forward to your return in the future!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Floor was so dirty that our socks and/or feet were black after taking our shoes off for just a few minutes. The pool tasted gross, as if they hadn't used chemicals in it for months. Service staff was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Here at Best Western we rely on you, the guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and want to thank you again for all your comments. Please except my aplogies regarding your guest room. I would like to earn your business and trust back with us. Please contact me directly at the hotel to come up with a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you!