“Worst Super 8 ever”
Review of Super 8 Adair IA

Super 8 Adair IA
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Adair
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Old old motel. Very old dirty carpet. Light in room between beds not working, lights on the back side of the building not on, so very dark. Sink faucet broken. Would never stay here again!

1  Thank moosenbear

Reviewed August 14, 2009

I stayed at this Super 8 on my way back from South Dakota, where I spent a summer working on an Indian Reservation. On the Reservation I lived in a run down little house with incests, poor water, no air conditioning, and faulty appliances - yet I would still choose that dump over this Super 8.

First off, the location is great, right off of I-80. That's about all the positive things I can say. My floor was disgustingly squishy, my room was right next to a loud gentleman and the walls were paper thin. My sink was full of hair, nasty, stringy old lady hair. My view of wooded area would have been nice, had my window not been glossed over with what looked like a combination of projectile vomit, boogers, and, yet again, old lady hair. The topping on the cake, as the other poster mentioned, were the doors that were wide open all night long. THEY NEVER SHUT THE DOORS TO THE PLACE. This may not have been so bad, except the lock on my door barely worked. I could easily pull the door open with a hard tug, even with the lock set. To go to Subway for my lovely dinner, I had to pack up all my valuables and carry them with me.

Avoid this place like the plague, drive the extra 50 or so miles and stay somewhere in Des Moines!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Downola
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I needed to stop driving at 11 pm and stopped off of I-80 at this Super 8. I have stayed in many Super 8's before as they are convenient, cheap and pet friendly. This was the WORST hotel I have stayed in. I could hear EVERYTHING that was going on upstairs, the water noise from the toilets. sink and bath sounded like they were in my bed. SO LOUD! The room was pretty grimy and the outer doors were not locked. Had I known that I would not be able to sleep because of the noise, I would have just continued driving.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank nlb43
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adair
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Stuart
17 mi away
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites- Stuart
Budget Inn Adair
Budget Inn Adair
#1 of 2 in Adair
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Atlantic

Been to Super 8 Adair IA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Adair IA

Address: 111 5th St, Adair, IA 50002-1160
Location: United States > Iowa > Adair
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Adair
Price Range: $55 - $79 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Adair IA 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Super 8 Adair IA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Adair IA Iowa