“Old food”
Review of Mediterranean Grill - CLOSED

Mediterranean Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Got a gyro plate got take out Sunday after reading the great reviews
When I got home gyro meat was old dried out looked like it had been sitting around
Called spoke with cook who said that was what was on the gyro roll he didn't try and make any excuses just acted like I was supposed to deal with it
I should of went back but was too tired last time I eat there

Becky A, Public Relations Manager at Mediterranean Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2016

We are very sorry for your unsatisfactory experience. We would like to invite you back for a gyro on us if you would be willing to give us another try. Thank you.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

The flaming cheese and the moussaka were great! The owners are on site and are very friendly.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Wow. We live in Avon and get the blahs from all of the chain restaurants we are surrounded by. If you are in a rut, step out to the Mediterranean Grill. You must have the hummus appetizer (with warm flat bread). I've never tried an entre that wasn't absolutely wonderful. It is a small establishment - I don't know if it is a family restaurant, but it feels like it. We always have to follow up with some homemade baklava - the best we've ever had. One Friday night there was even a belly dancer who did a lovely job. This is one of those "special occasion" places that we just can't stay away from.

1  Thank chardob
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Husband is from the Middle East and doesn't think this is as authentic as some other restaurants in Indy, but it's not bad for the area. Substitutions are not allowed. Or, well, if you ask for one thing rather than another, they add a surcharge. This happened on several occasions. For example, I wanted feta instead of tzatziki on my gyros and, while they kept the tzatziki off, they still charged me $1.25 for the feta. Sorry, but things like this bug me. The potatoes side was good, as is the rice. I actually make better baklava at home (family recipe). The gyros meat was O.K. but did not taste very fresh, which may be a result of the fact that this place doesn't have a lot of business. The lentil soup was a hit with our friend that was with us.

One thing to mention... they don't have adequate shaded in the window, so on a sunny day, whomever is sitting facing the window will be absolutely BLINDED and not really even be able to see their food. Even with my sunglasses, I was pretty miserable with the sun glaring through the window.

Overall, it didn't seem to be that good of a meal for the price/atmosphere, although the prices are not really that high. I'd go back and probably recommend, but it's definitely not worth the drive out to Avon if you're in the metropolitan area. Go to Santorini's or The Greek Isles instead. And don't go when the sun is shining. :(

2  Thank libros
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We were staying on the west side of Indianapolis and were advised by the motel clerk to go further west to Avon to find a restaurant. We then found ourselves in a mile or two of malls and every possible chain restaurant. But we spotted The Mediterranean Grill in an inconspicuous little strip mall. We were glad we did. On this weekday evening, there were only a few tables occupied. The menu seemed to be a mix of Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese, all of which we like. Service was excellent. Prices reasonable. We had hummus and lamb/veg kebabs. Food was very good. Wine list was limited but fairly priced. If we were in that area again, we would go back.

1  Thank adjoha