“We will be back! Delish!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charbonos

Charbonos
Reserve with OpenTable
Charbonos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 97 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US Hwy 36 (Rockville Road)
Description: Part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family, Charbonos is located in Avon, Indiana. Named for an uncommon and delicious variety of grape found in California, Charbonos welcomes guests to the Tuscan countryside. You will find award winning entrees including: ample portions of salads, pastas featuring homemade sauces, tender steaks and wood-fired pizzas. Charbonos warm decor, fine cuisine and dedication to excellent service have made the restaurant a local and regional favorite for over 13 years. We look forward to serving you!
Plainfield, Indiana
“We will be back! Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hardest thing about here is deciding. They have steaks, pizza, pasta, etc. I ordered the special Kobe filet mignon with veggies, baked potato, and salad. The ranch dressing on the salad was great. Tasted homemade. The salad was fairly large and I gave some to my husband to eat. Husband ordered the ravioli. My steak came out charred. I ordered it medium and the inside was perfect. Personally I don't like the taste of charred meat so I cut the charred part off and ate the inside. The manager noticed and had the server come over and offer us a free dessert. She said the steak was not supposed to come out charred. They let me substitute bernaise sauce instead of the peppercorn sauce. The bernaise was perfect. For dessert we had the turtle cheesecake. Very yummy. The filet special I had was 28. The ravioli dish was 16.

• Visited July 2013

“Fancy food fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Okay nice romantic place. Has a tuscan feel to it. My hub and I went and our food was so wonderful! Just fantastic! We ordered dessert and shared too like a crem brule cheesecake with a rasberry sauce. Delishio! Kind of pricey but great service! Will go back!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ft. Lauderdale
“Great food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by how great this steakhouse was. When in town, we stick to visiting the same restaurants but decided to venture out this time & certainly weren't disappointed. We ordered the prime rib & the sirloin steak -- both cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend Charbono's.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank KizKiz
De Forest, WI
“Decent all the way around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

It is a restaurant in a strip mall and if you can get past that it is a decent dining experience. If you're burned out on franchise fare, this is a chance to eat a local restaurant with decent food in a better than average atmosphere.

The menu is varied, the appetizers are good, the drinks run a bit on the small-portion size, and the main meals are generous.

The only question is value. Considering the location the prices seem a bit high. Price felt premium and for what the meal cost there are options down town that offer slightly better fare.

• Visited May 2013
Brazil, Indiana
“Avoid the Easter Brunch!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a 2:00 p.m. reservation for the Easter Brunch. The hostess was dazed - tried to seat our party of four at a table with two chairs and, when this was pointed out, tried to seat us at a table with three chairs!
Most of the buffet items were cold; apparently, they had let the sterno go out on most of them and hadn't bothered to replace them. They said the dinner menu was available at noon, but when my daughter asked to order off the menu, she was told by the waitress, "Well, okay, but just so you know, the kitchen is focusing on the buffet items first so it will be awhile." Obviously, she just didn't want to have to carry food. When my daughter's food did finally arrive, it was missing the garnish. The server, rather than bringing the garnish separately, whisked my daughter's entire meal away to take it into the kitchen to have it garnished. We felt we were being punished for her daring to order off the menu.
The mimosas and bloody mary's had virtually no alcohol in them - $5.00 for a miniscule glass of orange juice. The guy cutting the prime rib at the buffet was generally nowhere to be found. At one point, I stood there until some server hunted the guy down for me. He just kept wandering off. We had to ask twice for water and we had to ask for bread which every other table was getting automatically.
Overall, the food was very lacking, the staff seemed ticked off and lazy, and our server was a shrew.

• Visited March 2013