“Wonderful Food & Service”
Review of Waffle House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #56 of 100 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I loved my visit! First time ever at a waffle house, and I went out for my birthday, They greeted me at the door, gave my girls a paper waffle house hat, and a slice of pie for my birthday! Not to mention gave me a military discount. You don't see much appreciation for an old vet anymore, but they really showed me a great birthday brunch. They danced and sang me happy birthday. I really felt welcome. My waitress was very polite and professional, My food was out quick and the whole visit ( with 2 grandbabies) was about 30 minutes! I WILL BE BACK! GOOD FOOD FAST & FRIENDLY. P,S. Very reasonably priced!!!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Haven't been to Waffle House for years. Very snowy night, past midnight ordered a to go order. They weren't busy at all due to the snow storm. Recieved cold hash browns, under cooked and my double cheeseburger which I asked to get everything on it, didn't have any condiments of mustard, maynaise or ketchup or pickles! Very bland! Worst meal ever! Soggy, undercooked cold hash browns made me sick to my stomach! I fed my meal to my dogs! Even they wouldn't touch the hash browns! Hamburger tasted like a dried out shoe soul! Everything was unseasoned! When I walked in the guy running the register greated me and minute later asked where I went! I hadn't moved! He was working a 24 hour shift and was about ready to fall down! What company works an employee over 24 hours making the little hourly wage this guy was probably making! That's inhumane and there might be laws against it! I going to find out! The guy was young, late teens or early 20's. I'd say someone's taking advantage of the dedicated (possibly naive) worker! That's unhealthy to work that many hours! I won't be back!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Well here it is in a nut shell. I have been a long time customer of waffle house and really enjoyed food and the prep. calling out orders and how the cook keep it all straight. Now to today, what a mess. I sat at the counter and ordered ham and cheese omlet with scattered and covered and cimmon rasin bread. coffee to drink. Coffee was luke warm to start with and getting refills with 5 waitress standing in front of me was impossible. Waited on food for 20 minutes. hash browns were burnt and cold so hard i could not cut them. Omlet was ok but not hot and the side of sausage had been setting as the edges were hard and it was not even warm. My wifes meal was just as bad, the onions in her burnt hash browns were black. She ordered a waffle side and she got a very small waffle after we finished our meal. I asked three times for butter got it on the way out the door. I told the waitrees it was the worst meal i have ever han and her response was i never heard that ok so insult me because i call as i see it and maybe the other patrons never came back. They did comp the meal in their defense but i also asked to see a manager and after 10 minutes of waiting i was told the manager was busy. I guess if he is to busy for me i,m not to busy to vent online. I will never return to waffle house i will remember the way it was Ken

2  Thank ken b

Been to Waffle House? Share your experiences!