“I could eat here weekly...maybe more often”
Review of Thai Lanna

Thai Lanna
Ranked #13 of 99 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Perfect spring rolls to start. We ordered two different chicken dishes with two different sauces. Both were as fresh and delicious as possible. We thought we didn't like Thai food...but this place changed our minds. We discovered we don't like average Thai food. If you try this place and don't like it...you don't like Thai food

There are newer reviews for Thai Lanna

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We got there around 11:30 a.m., and were probably the first customers for the day. Strangely we both ordered the Green Curry, she with beef and I with chicken. The soup course was just delicious though I have no idea what its contents were. The accompanying spring roll was only OK even though the dipping sauce was excellent. Joann's beef version was ordered Thai Hot so I didn't even bother to try it. My chicken version was just "hot", enough to give my lips and throat a pleasant tingle by the end. Oh, and a slightly runny nose. This curry had a nice subtle sweetness that we really liked. All lunch dishes are $7.95, and well worth it. We picked up a dinner menu and are looking forward to trying some of their more adventurous dishes. Tha Lanna is easy to miss, being in a really small strip center with Batteries Plus as the major draw. Don't miss it. Good Thai. Good Food.

1  Thank Greg B
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My Fiancé and I again ate at our favorite Thai restaurant. We went on Sunday and again like all other times the service was impeccable. I again ordered the Massuman Curry and she ordered the Green Curry. Just enough spice. We've also done take out from here. They are really fast and the food is just as good as if I was dining in. .

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were turned onto this awesome little restaurant by friends of our on a date night. Since our first visit my wife and I have made it once of our favorite places. I love the Pad Thai and the service is very good.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We decided to pop in for dinner on a Saturday night with our two young children and we are kicking ourselves that we hadn't tried this lovely little restaurant out sooner! Thai Lanna has been in Avon about four years and hopefully for many more years to come as we will most certainly become regulars.

The food is very fresh and authentic with outstanding flavors and the service couldn't be more courteous, friendly or efficient. "Kelly", the owner, came to our table to give us first-timers a warm welcome and to thank us for coming in. This inviting atmosphere, complete with subtle Thai décor and ambient ethnic music, is a refreshing alternative to the typical Saturday night Rockville Rd madness of waiting over an hour to get into a chain restaurant with its loud and obnoxious Top 40 hits ringing in your ears.

Our favorite entree was a hot bowl of rice noodles in a deliciously spicy broth, but the standout dish of the evening was surprisingly dessert, something we typically don't even bother to order when eating out. Kelly urged us to try the fried bananas and ice cream drizzled with honey and chocolate and all I can say is - wow! The bananas are housed in these little pillows of flaky egg roll wraps that just melt in your mouth. Simply decadent - you gotta try it.

Looking forward to our next visit!!

Been to Thai Lanna? Share your experiences!