“Creative and tasty Thai”
Review of Thai Lanna

Thai Lanna
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Thai
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Creative and tasty Thai”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our party of four had a superb dinner. Appetizers of deep fried Thai egg rolls and the Tempura shrimp and broccoli set the tone for what was to follow. The appetizers were presented nicely and were hot and freshly cooked. The flavors were perfect. For dinners we chose the Drunken Noodles, Yellow Chicken Curry, Pahd Ga Prow(stir fry of assorted vegetables and chicken) and a hot pot soup which was velvetty smooth and spiced perfectly. All the meals were among the best Thai we have had. The portions were large but we somehow managed to finish them off. Our servers were gracious and prompt, never hovering but present when needed none-the-less. The decor is simple but immaculately clean. The variety of items on the menu is extensive and we're anxious to return to try more at this excellent restaurant.

• Visited May 2013

Mooresville, Indiana
“Very enjoyable.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A small restaurant that is hard to notice in a small strip mall that gives very good service and good food. As with most Thai restaurants, you can choose how hot (spicy) the sauce is. Everything seemed to be fresh and most definitely well prepared.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank RR_Mville
Indianapolis
“Great food and even better service”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I went to Thai Lanna yesterday for dinner. The place is squeaky clean and we were greeted immediately by a friendly waitress/hostess. I ordered the chicken drunken noodles and my wife ordered chicken padd Thai. Both entrees were excellent! You get the option of how spicy your meal is; mild, medium, hot, or "thai hot". I went with hot, because I like spice. Hot was RIDICULOUSLY hot! I couldn't finish my plate. I think maybe I was served thai hot by mistake. That being said, the food was still delicious, but next time I will definitely downgrade to medium. My wife's padd thai was excellent as well. They had several tasty sounding dessert options as well, but we were too full to indulge. The entree prices seemed a little high, but the portions were quite large. I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone who likes Thai food, but beware the heat...which goes for Thai food anywhere I suppose.

• Visited July 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Time to try the Thai in Avon”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I'm not from Thailand, but this place is dynamite. I've probably visited for lunch and/or dinner about 10 times and never been disappointed. The Red Curry with chicken Hot is my favorite, but all dishes are like home cooked. Try the Spicy Lemon Grass Soup with Chicken (Tom Yum). I thought Lanna was the name of the owner until I learned it was was a kingdom centered in present-day northern Thailand from the 13th to 18th centuries. The place has been getting busier on the weekends and the wait can be long for both a seat and carryout. It's well worth the wait.

• Visited April 2012
Indianapolis
“Thai One On”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We've only been to Thai Lanna once, but the food was good and the service was excellent. I did not know much about Thai food, but the couple we were with made several helpful suggestions.They told us that Thai food is more about a balance of flavors than just heat, and they were right. The staff will be happy to "heat up" your dish to your desired level. If you're looking for something different, give it a Thai.

• Visited February 2012

Been to Thai Lanna? Share your experiences!