“One of the best Comfort Inns in the country.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avon
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've stayed at well over a hundred Comfort Inns in the country and this one is right up there with the best of them for a number of reasons. Upon my entry I was greeted by a handsome young man by the name of Brock. He was quite charming, super friendly and started things off as professionally as can be asked, he even asked me my floor preference, which is a very rare occurrence. I could not believe the hotel is 2 years old. Everything was super fresh including the carpet, paint, and the pillows felt brand new and quite plump...not those flat pillows you are more likely to find. The breakfast area was one of the most stylish ones I've seen....and was well stocked with a great selection of items. The hotel is within a mile or two of many food establishments....this hotel is a cut above the rest! I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HandsumMuscle
ComfortInnAvon, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn - Avon. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to provide the best possible experience to our guests and I will share your review with the rest of our team, especially Brock. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel before. Was pleased the first time. Had started making reservations for our employees to stay in October. We had a family emergency did not know how long it we needed to stay. Our original reservation was done online through a rewards company. Got in late, went to the room, unloaded the luggage, and then we noticed that bathroom was not cleaned. Reloaded the luggage went to the front desk. The clerk stated he was very sorry, and upgraded us to a suite. Found little things wrong with the suite unit but no real complaints. Next night went to the desk and told the same clerk from the night before, we wanted to stay three more nights. Ask what the rate was. He stated the same and as the first two and that we could continue to stay in the same room. Swiped our card and we proceeded to say until the 4th night.

Now, the father in law is still the hospital and we need to stay additional nights. In the Morning of the 5th night, which we had already had paid for that night met the general manager. Asked her about nights 6 to 9. She looks at what was happening and explained she could not give us the same rate for the weekend and that even the 5th night would be a little higher. There was a mistake and that the rate was wrong. She had to charge us more for the suite but it was still at a discount. Quickly she stated she was going to check us out and then check us back in the same room. I quickly had to sign the paperwork because we were already late getting to the hospital. She did not give us a copy of what I signed. That night, I demanded a copy of what I signed that morning. The night clerk could not print the folio. Next morning, got a copy and the general manager had back charged a higher rate for all the nights . Told the morning clerk that was wrong, she called the gm. And then stated nothing could be done right then. I needed to talk to the GM. I tried all weekend to contact the general manager and finally was able to contact her.
And you guessed it, no help. To top it all off, checked my CC and there is over three times the amount on hold that I was to pay at checkout. Three days later and still not credits or releases of holds.

I have stayed all over the world, many places and have never been fooled like this one. Be very careful. First looks of this place can be deceiving.

Room Tip: Prepay with cash if you have to say here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank indycss2
ComfortInnAvon, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Comfort Inn - Avon. I am so glad that we were able to offer you a complimentary upgrade to a suite for the 5 nights that you stayed with us. I would like to clarify that you were not charged any additional fees throughout your stay. You were charged the standard rate for each of the nights that you stayed with us. The first two nights were reserved through an online travel partner, and the last three nights were reserved directly through the hotel. At no point during your stay did you pay any rate that was higher than our best available rate. As we have discussed, we had waived the upgrade fee for the suite for the duration of your stay. The additional authorizations were because you had planned to stay for another 2 additional days and decided to check out early when your father-in-law was released. Any pending authorizations for those anticipated nights were released from your debit card at the time that you checked out of the hotel. If you or your bank has any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance, please contact me during normal business hours at (317) 272-8789.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in March 2013 for a wrestling tournament. We had reservation at another hotel in Indianapolis however, that hotel's pool was under renovation. At the last minute, our group needed 17 rooms close to the location of the tournament. The two ladies at the front desk were more than accomodating. The free breakfast was more than we expected. The rooms were clean and kept up. The pool area was clean and perfect for our group of boys. Thank you so much for a great stay and friendly service!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn - Avon. We enjoyed hosting your group during the wrestling tournament and we were glad we could help your team on short notice. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to the Avon area.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were in town for three nights for a wedding. Four of us chose to stay here. My husband and I promptly get to our room and he attempts to use the facilities. Without being too graphic, he only went in there to urinate, however when he flushed the whole toilet backed up and wouldn't go down. He called the front desk and they told him to walk down to the front desk and get a plunger! I was horrified. First of all, we didn't clog it and second, they should come up and take care of it. Anyway, it doesn't work and we have to change rooms. The next room we get is very warm inside because the a/c isn't working as well as it should be. I wouldn't say it was hot in there because thankfully it wasn't terrible outside, but it wasn't always comfortable either. I start to put my clothes away and I begin to notice this pink sticky stuff on my hand, my harm and several articles of clothing. Apparently the previous guest spilled something and it ran from the top drawer all the way down the front of the dresser. Nothing was ever cleaned. After this I began taking notice of the rest of the room. It wasn't very clean either and some things, like the headboard, hadn't been dusted in a very long time....nor during our 3 night stay. I went to the front desk and they apologized and offered to have my clothes sent out to be dry cleaned, which I thought was nice but I declined. I wound up in the elevator with one of the cleaning ladies at one point and all she did was complain to me about how horrible it was there and how hard they work her and no matter what, it's not fast enough. I have NO doubt that she's telling the truth on this as I didn't see much cleaning staff during my entire 4 days, however it's a bit inappropriate. I guess she just needed to vent. The sheets were clean, there was a breakfast out in the lobby each morning and the location of the hotel is good. However, I'd choose another hotel next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnAvon, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We truly appreciate your feedback about your stay at the Comfort Inn - Avon. Please accept my most sincere apology again for the pink cleaner that had dripped into the drawer. Our offer to have the items dry cleaned was sincere as we wanted to correct the situation and make sure that you were satisfied with the resolution. I agree that it should have been caught by the staff member that inspected the room. As I stated at the time, your satisfaction is our top priority and we would have had the items dry cleaned and returned to you the same day. I also apologize for the unprofessional conversation that a staff member engaged in during the elevator ride. That is not typical of our associates, even a new associate such as that one. I am so glad that the rest of your group enjoyed their stay, as we typically have great success with the satisfaction of our wedding groups and we truly enjoy hosting them. If you would like to further discuss anything about your stay, please contact me at (317) 272-8789.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Avon while we went to my nephew's wedding nearby. I always find Comfort Inn to be reliable, clean and friendly people at the front desk. The only issue with this location is the traffic on hwy 36. I would recommend to ask for a room as far off the street as possible, even then it maybe noisy. Close to restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnAvon, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review and share your experience at our property. We really enjoy working with wedding groups. I am so glad that your group had a positive experience at our hotel. I hope that you will return to our hotel the next time that you are in Avon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This place was fine for a quick stop while traveling. The room(s) were nice enough - typical comfort inn... seemed clean. Our colleague noticed there was no shower curtain in his room - staff was very apologetic and had he asked (I don't know why he didn't), I believe they would have responded quickly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and the property to be clean. We strive to provide the best possible guest experience and your feedback helps us learn if there are areas where we can improve. Please accept my most sincere apology that the gentleman with your group did not have a shower curtain in his room. If notified, we would have addressed the issue immediately. I hope that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay and would return to our hotel if you are in the area. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for one night because of its proximity to the IU Hospital. No frills, comfortable and nice breakfast. Not very quiet but right on the main highway. Drive to a reasonable restrurant and beware...many are "smoker friendly"

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the Comfort Inn - Avon. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review. Your feedback helps us provide the best possible experience to our guests. I hope that you will stay with us again if you return to the area. If you ask at the front desk, we can provide you information about smoke-free restaurants that are nearby.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon
Best Western Plus Atrea Airport Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Comfort Inn Indianapolis Airport- Plainfield

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!