“I knew the place was clean when I first arrived.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Avon
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this place for three days just before Christmas. I had a non-smoking king bed suite. It was roomy and had everything I needed. The accommodations were appealing, comfortable and well maintained. Now, the place isn't fancy but it is great for the reasonable price. The front desk help (whose name I cannot recall) was friendly and helpful. I asked him for nearby restaurant recommendations and he was the man. He recommended a nice place and gave me a coupon too! All of this was very memorable but not the one thing I remember most. Each evening when I arrived at the hotel as soon as I walked in the door I was hit with a blast of bleach-based cleaner. The cleaning crew made the place spic and span, and it smelled like it too. Don't get me wrong. I like my hotels to be very, very clean. I simply prefer them to be a bit more subtle about it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon

Reviewed January 24, 2013

As a Marriott platinum member, I am supposed to be upgraded to the best available room... Per the Marriott rewards program rules. Instead, I was placed into a smokey two queen bed room despite the availability and my request for a king bed room. The front desk clerk, Bryan, was abysmal. I will never return to this hotel again and am strongly considering dropping the Marriott chain from my future travel plans all together. Unacceptable.

Room Tip: Say elsewhere.. Look at the downtown hotels!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ryan K
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I checked into this hotel for a six day visit before Christmas to see family in the area because it is part of the Marriott brand. I was very impressed with the cleanliness, the modern decor, the front desk service and the price! The breakfast buffet is included, a nice swimming pool, and FREE WIFI. My pet peeve about the Marriott chain is the daily charging for internet--not an issue here! This hotel is located very close to shopping, restaurants, downtown is 20 minutes away by car...and a pleasant surprise is the proximity to the airport. With the opening of Ronald Reagan Parkway, I drove to and from the airport in about 8 minutes. This Fairfield could almost advertise as an airport hotel...minus the noise!!!! Truly remarkable! My only ding would be to serve breakfast until 10am. The 9am cut-off was a little early for my holiday and weekend schedule.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was a great Hotel. Very helpful Staff. Bryan the front desk man was very helpful to local places to eat and even had some coupons to help out :). It was very handy to lots of shops, resturants, and even a chuck e cheese close by. If only I had my kids :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Alecia_Thompson, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

I certainly appreciate your kind comments and will share this with my team. We love having you with us, we'll look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Definitly it´s not a business hotel, their Internet speed it's too slow, about 1 Mb or less at night! The cleaning service was not so good, sometimes they clean my room, sometimes only do the bed. Their breakfast is less than nothing. Only if you need to stay 1 or 2 nights.
The personal is always smiling, and the hotel has a nice furniture.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us while visiting Indy. Regarding the speed of the wifi, we are actually in the process of up grading this in the near future. We thank you for your feed back and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been working in the Avon area for the better part of 3 weeks. There was not a single day that I experienced anything unsatisfactory. From the time I woke up and had the complementary breakfast to time I went to bed everything was wonderful. The ladies working the breakfast bar always greeted me with a smile. I would come and go several times thru the day the the front dest people always said hello or wished me a good day. Maintenance staff / housekeeping did a good job freshening up my room and there where several times I observed maintenance cleaning and repairing what might be considered minor details but it's those things that when not attended to eventually add up and bring down the quality of the property. I even saw management walking the halls making sure things up to standard. Bryan told me that if I hear or see any other guests getting loud to let him know so he could make sure I as well as other guests were not inconvienenced. This impressed me that he wanted to make sure that I was taken care of. In addition to the excellent accomodations, the Fairfield Inn is located within minutes of restaurants and shopping.

I look forward to returning to the Avon / Indianapolis area again and will be staying at the Fairfield Inn on Angelina Way!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will make sure to thank the staff personally and share with them, so that they may see what a great job they did and are continuing to do for our guest. I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment on our hotel. I am very glad we were able to accomodate you. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for my son's tennis tournament. Our room was pristine with nice finishes. It was also very quiet and near several places to dine & shop. The continental breakfast had so many choices, I couldn't make up my mind. For the 2 mornings we were there, the night desk clerk (I think her name was Rebecca or Becky) made sure breakfast was ready for the tennis players earlier than stated hours so that they could eat before their early morning matches. She went way above the call of duty. If you read any of my other reviews, you will find that I speak favorably of most hotels I stay in. This is because I only stay in places with good reviews. However, this hotel really stands out!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Alecia_Thompson, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you for your great comments, and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Alecia Thompson, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Avon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Airport/Plainfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area
Hampton Inn Indianapolis-SW/Plainfield

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon? Share your experiences!