“Very Clean, great service!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Avon
Hoopeston
“Very Clean, great service!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights and couldn't be happier with our choice! I usually stay Downtown but decided to stay away from paying for parking at a Downtown hotel! I'm so happy we stayed here. There is so much within a mile of the hotel!
The pool is small but perfect for my daughter. There were a few other kids in the pool but all had plenty of room to splash around. I loved the hot tub!
The complimentary breakfast was great! They even had homemade buscuits and gravy!
The front desk staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy and had everything we needed.
The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable. We stayed in a Studio King Suite which I would recommend to anyone traveling with a family. The extra room was very nice!
Thank you to the wonderful staff for making our visit memorable!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 411 and loved it
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
BROOKVILLE
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. We had adjoining suites that were excellent. Although we didn't get the opportunity to utilize all of the facilities they were available and very nice. I would definitely recommend staying here and will more than likely stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CHRYSTINA B
Hartford City, Indiana
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Not only was this hotel very clean (we have a 2 year old, so we checked it out good), but the room was great and the service was outstanding.
We have stayed a bunch of hotels, and a lot of them have great service, but this one was by far the best. Every single employee from the front desk to the breakfast crew went out of there way to be extraordinarily nice and accomodating to every need or want.
We really enjoyed our room and the decor. We had 4 adults staying in the room so when we asked about extra towels and sheets, they brought up enough for 6 extra people. The next morning we all enjoyed breakfast with plenty of options and places to sit.

Very much enjoyed this and would like to stay here again if we are ever in the area!!!

Room Tip: We got a room where the bed and sitting area were seperate and had 2 TVs. Came in handy with 4 adult...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Vacation_Commander
Chicago
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed here in April 2011 and left a review that depicted a very disappointing stay here. We have stayed at this Fairfield often, visiting parents who live nearby. The last two times, the housekeeping standards have been awful. Once again, I left my room around 11:00 AM, returning around 10:30 PM. Once again, I returned to a room that had not been cleaned. AT. ALL. There was no "do not disturb" sign on the door, no indication we did not wish the room to be cleaned. Still, we returned to a room that had not been touched.

This is unacceptable. My husband spoke to a manager (last time I experienced this, in April 2011, there was no manager on duty at night.) . The manager assured him that measures are being taken to rectify the housekeeping situation, and at least this time, we were compensated for the error. But we are at the end of our rope; we don't wish to stay at the Holiday Inn nearer my parents, but we may well do so, the next time. The cleanliness standards at this Marriott are woeful, and I don't have a lot of confidence that they will be remedied anytime soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ScribblerChicago
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Friendly staff. A little slow in room cleaning. The rooms had a slight stale smell to them but after the AC ran for awhile it was better. Tip: turn the fan to on instead of auto, the room will be cooler and the musty smell will not linger.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We stayed here last weekend and found the hotel to be very nice. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to help us... And when there was an issue (outside of their control) everyone was terrific with follow up.

Breakfast was nice, pool was clean, and beds were good. I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Brizkiz
Chicago
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I'm a frequent traveler, and have stayed at this Fairfield several times before while visiting relatives. The newness of the hotel has always stood out, and maybe obscured some of the problems, which were in evidence for the first time on this trip.

When I first got to my room, I noticed the toilet paper in the bathroom hadn't been replenished; both rolls were pretty skinny. Then I noticed a layer of dust on the furniture, and sticky rings on the coffee table. I overlooked all this, though, because everything else was fine. However, when I returned to my room the next evening, having been out all day, I was disappointed to find that no one had been in to clean. I left my room at 11:00 AM, took the "Privacy Please" sign off my door, and saw a cleaning cart in the hallway. When I returned at 10:00 PM, the room had not been touched. This just isn't acceptable. When I called down to the main desk, I was told there was no housekeeping staff on duty at night - which I find odd, as most hotels (admittedly, of higher class than this one) I stay at have a skeleton crew on duty 24/7. And there was no one at the desk who could do anything more than make note of my complaint - no manager on duty.

When I checked out the next morning and asked to speak to a manager, same thing - no one was on duty. So I will be making my official complaint to Marriott online.

I really hope this hotel gets its housekeeping act together, as it really is a brand spanking new hotel that would have a lot going for it, otherwise.

On a positive note, the first night I was there the area was hit by tornadoes and thunderstorms, and at 2:15 AM the front desk called all the rooms to tell them there was a tornado warning, and suggest that everyone go down to the first floor. I appreciated this consideration for my safety, and the woman on duty that night (not the person I spoke with the night after) was bustling around, handing out blankets and juice and making fresh coffee for all of us. Again, I appreciated all this.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ScribblerChicago
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Avon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg
Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.
Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport
Holiday Inn Indianapolis Airport
#2 of 180 in Indianapolis

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon? Share your experiences!