“Beautiful Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Applewood By the River - CLOSED

Applewood By the River
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
west chester
“Beautiful Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We sat outside and watched the river and listened to "Mike" on this guitar, harmonica and tamborine while dining on wonderful food! They have one of the best outside eating areas with a grassy area for the kids to run around and a beautiful, peaceful view of the river and treeline! We had ribs (which were exceptional) and I had shrimp that was very good. My husband's chicken breast was a little bit dry, but everything else was perfect! We will be back. July 2012

• Visited July 2012

Lebanon, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor steak quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Steaks were bad qualit..y last night. We brought the steak home and even the dog just played with it. Very disappointing..Steak was not done correctly. We will not have dinner there again!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Judy O
Sylvania, Ohio
“Eat outside and watch the river traffic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have been here a few times over the years of travel to the area for business and the menu never disappoints. I chose to eat on the patio since it was such a nice evening and the river traffic is a nice background to enjoy. The patio has a nice grassy area and if you want to just stay in the bar area, there are tv's to watch your favorite teams. If weather is not so good, there are many rooms inside on the first and second floors and I am sure they entertain groups nicely.

In the past, I have tasted their ribs and have been impressed with the meat quality and the amazing flavors of the sauce. They boast of winning several prizes and I can see why. I have also had their pork chops and enjoyed the tender meat, great sauces, and smoky flavor. This time, I chose a Boursin cheese filet with a baked potato and brandied apples. The steak was tender and juicy and had the creamy flavor boost from the cheese layer inside and was dressed with thin and crispy onion rings and a cabernet sauce over thin toast points. Several layers of flavors and each was well defined. Brea was my server and she was fairly new but knew the menu well and offered good advice. Pricing was just over $20 for a very nice meal and evening. I am sure I will be back the next time I get in the area.

• Visited June 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“If not for the patio, we would not go.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have been to the Applewood several times and I have never been impressed with the food. We do, however, like the patio area and will go sometimes for that.

We have a little one, and it is nice because we can sit at our table and he can run around in the large, fenced in grassy area. You can see the boats go by and they have light-up palm trees. Sometimes there are corn-hole sets out.

We have been there one night when there was live music during dinner, and we were NOT impressed with that. It was some cheesy looking man playing a casio and it was WAY too loud that we could not talk over it.

Our experiences have been just ok.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Navilla
Florence, Kentucky
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

My boyfriend and my self had went to meet another couple there, that was the first and last time. It was Sunday night we had met for drinks and to catch up. The service was mediocre the drinks were good, but you can't mess up beer. We had 3 drinks between us, cashed out everything seemed good. Until I check my online banking and was charged $50.00 for 3 drinks!!!!! I have tried to call to get this fixed and can not get a hold of anyone!

• Visited May 2012