“Terrible Service (actually, no service)”
Review of Applewood By the River - CLOSED

Applewood By the River
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I stopped at the Applewood yesterday for an early dinner while we were out enjoying the beautiful day because they have a great outdoor seating area. We came in through the gate by the bar area and asked the bartender if we should seat ourselves. She was very polite and told us to go inside and the hostess will seat us. So we went in, waited a couple of minutes and the hostess asked us if we wanted to sit outside and we said yes. She gave us a choice of two tables and we picked the one straight ahead from the doors we just came out of. The next table over, someone was leaving and it was quickly cleaned up and a group of 4 was seated there. A waitress came over and took their drink orders. We were still sitting there with open menues and no one had waited on us yet. No huge deal, we'd probably been sitting there 10 minutes. So five or ten minutes later 3 people walk in the gate and seat themselves but the hostess noticed them and brought them menues. They got waited on after a few minutes. Still no service of any kind for us. A couple of waitresses passed by our table so I figured we were next to get waited on and I told my thirsty husband to give them 5 more minutes. Five minutes came and went and still no service, we couldn't even get someones attention to ask who was our waitress. We sat there for at least 20 minutes being ignored and that's when we decided to walk out, which we did. This is a shame because they have a great outdoor seating area. After this experience we won't be in any hurry to go back, if ever.

2  Thank ishouldbediving

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Loved this place until the cockroach in my seafood salad, the server dumping the dressing down my new pair of jeans, and the owner/manager telling me "we do not have roaches," well what was that thing crawling in my plate that she killed but they do not have roaches.

1  Thank Lynn H
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I love stopping at this restaurant when we are out on the motorcycles in good weather.
The scenic view of the Ohio river is wonderful. I love to sit outside and enjoy the large patio area. This restaurant has a lot of potential. However they need to work on the food. The quality of the food does not merit the price charged. I hope they work to improve as I would like to keep this place on my list of places to frequent. Service is just okay.

1  Thank kathy g
Reviewed January 8, 2012

oh my just a wonderful environment, food, well being... I will make sure I make a trip there every year to get away with the husband.. thanks for the hospitality

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Food barely warm
Food not that good
Disorganized
Tired decor
Too expensive for what it is
Nice outdoor seating w nice live music