“Excellent Room And Service”

Holiday Inn Express Auburn-Touring Dr
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Absolutely couldn't have chosen a better hotel, or asked for a more accommodating staff ! I arrived at Holiday Inn Auburn at 10:30 AM. I had been on the road for hours, I was exhausted, and I had a migraine. I asked if I could check in, and come back to my room after the listed check in time of 3:00. The desk clerk was professional, yet very personable; she noticed that I was tired and she graciously offered me an early check in so I could rest. I paid with cash and she didn't have sufficient change....I advised her that I could just pick it up when I checked out the following morning...instead, she had another employee make a special trip to the bank, and then she hand delivered my change to me within minutes. Very impressive !
The building and common areas are attractive and well maintained, my room was well appointed, immaculate, and oh so very comfortable !!!
Holiday Inn Auburn and its employees deserve recognition for their level of excellence !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently stayed here for a business trip and was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, breakfast was great and the property is very well maintained. I travel extensively with my job, so spend a lot of time in hotel rooms. This property thoroughly impressed me! I will definitely stay here again when traveling to Auburn and would recommend it to family, friends and business associates!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel for the past 8 or 9 years during the ACD Festival and have always been treated with friendly courtesy, accommodations have always been great, staff is friendly and treat guests like family. I would highly recommend staying here. Staff goes out of their way to assist with directions, finding dry cleaners, eateries, etc.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Great experience. Adam Day was awesome. He is a true hotel wizard. His skills are beyond reproach. I asked him which were the best fast food restaurants and he sent me to mcdonalds. The happy meals were excellent. Thank you for the great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a 3-day weekend. We were planning to go to Shipshewana, but did not want to stay in that area because there is more to see and do around Auburn. The hotel was easy to find, the room very clean, and quiet. The lobby area was bright and clean, the staff was friendly and knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with. It is wonderful to find a hotel every once in awhile where you are pleasantly surprised - this one is one of them!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roadWarrior1027
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Had a very nice stay here. The staff was very helpful, they had a nice managers reception with free food and drinks available. The rooms were very nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable. Had a nice desk/work area. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

What I liked about this property was simply the staff. The staff at this location is 5 Star. There was an attendant at the front desk when I arrived. Housekeeping obviously took great pride in their work. My room was very clean and the staff actually took time to get ice, fill the bucket, and place some of my purchased beverages into the ice, making sure that I had a cold drink when I arrived back at the hotel that afternoon. Breakfast buffet was good, though the seating area felt a bit cramped.
What I did not like about this location was the condition of the property - it was somewhat dated in appearance. The bathroom seemed darker than normal. The bathroom door seemed to be spring loaded and stayed in the 'closed' position all the time. My fellow travelers verified they had the same issue with their bathroom doors. The clock radio seemed very dated. The swimming pool was very small. The location is good being near I-69, and within walking distance of several restaurants and a Wal-Mart, but cheaper hotels in close proximately seem to bring the luster of the hotel down a bit. And finally, as seems more and more the case lately, the internet access requires your name and room number, which feels a bit like an invasion of my privacy.
But again, the staff makes up for all the negatives and overall, I think I would recommend this property over others in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Quality Inn
Super 8 Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
#7 of 7 in Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Kendalville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn-Touring Dr? Share your experiences!