“Great experience”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Canton
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We recently stayed at this location and enjoyed ourselves.

1- they did not automatically charge our credit card, only gave info. to hold room, and we paid cash when we got there. Not so common anymore, and appreciate by this family.

2- Great layout, lots of spaces to enjoy besides the room - the two porches and comfortable main lobby

3- CLEAN rooms! Temperature was great, appreciated the amenities of the bathroom.

4- Biggest and most wonderful surprise ~ heated outdoor pool. Lovely.. well kept and so warm!

5- cookies at night were a nice touch
6-staff was helpful and friendly

would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Auburn Quality Inn on 07/06/2013 en route to our vacation spot in Michigan. We selected the site based on price and reviews on TripAdvisor. We had previously stayed at the Hampton Inn but rates were higher and we thought that we would check out this place. We were pleased with what we found. Although room decor (Room 103 specifically) is somewhat dated-they could really do away with the silk flowers hanging on the wall, those of us with bad allergies tend to find these are dust magnets and aggravate our problems-the bedding including the mattress looks to be recently updated. The TV had also been updated to a large flat screen. We did not have the opportunity to turn on the TV so I am unable to comment on channels or reception. The bathroom was acceptable, clean with no mildew! They have the curved shower rod so that there is more room when you shower. A plus in my opinion. Most people would find the breakfast acceptable. All I eat is a bowl of Cheerios but regretfully, that is one cereal that they did not have. I made do with toast. My husband found several things that he was able to eat on the "hot" bar despite having a gluten-sensitivity. He did say that the sausage was not as good as most. My husband also enjoyed the low-sugar raspberry-apple juice drink on the bar. There is a make your own waffle station.
There is a Wal-mart within walking distance also a Steak 'n' Steak. I believe there are several other eating spots...just can't remember.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We often stay at Quality Inns when just looking for a place to sleep. Some are better than others, most are just ok. This one was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were large and very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, although it was so high I almost needed a step to get in! This hotel should be in a resort setting - probably the mountains - rather than surrounded by asphalt! The big screened porches with rocking chairs begged for a view to match! It is an older hotel and is decorated in a style that matched - no sleek chrome and glass here.
One thing that should be noted - if you have a lot of luggage or heavy bags, there is no elevator. We didn't find that to be a problem
Oh - and the warm cookies were a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Qualityinnauburn, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest

ROXI BARRON
GM
QUALITYINN AUBURN,INDIANA
260-925-6363
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room price is very reasonable and the staff was excellent! Our baseball team stayed 2 nights and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Rooms were very clean and all of the staff members were friendly and helpful. Everyone enjoyed sitting on the covered porches and the breakfast area was spacious with a tv for everyone to watch the pacers game and eat pizza. The parlor area had games for the kids to play and a computer too. I would recommend the hotel to others and we would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
River Grove, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last week for business. I though that the hotel had a charming feel to it. Every employee I came across was very friendly. The room did look like the pictures. Admittedly the room looked a bit dated except for the bedding, however I will take clean and comfortable over beautiful furnishings any day. The furnishings certainly would not deter me from returning. Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast, I am happy with a big cup of coffee and a muffin, so no complaints. To sum it up the hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable with a nice upgraded mattress.

Oh I should mention that there is no elevator and there are stairs to get inside. This wasn't an issue for me but I thought it was worth mentioning. I will say that I did not check around for a wheelchair ramp, if that is what you need I would suggest calling ahead.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Julia M
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2012

i stayed here 9/20/12, checking out the next day. nice clean, quiet place. lots of eating places and a wal-mart close by. the breakfast served was awesome and i'm a big morning eater. stopped at the auto & truck museum and the auburn-cord-duesenberg museum a quick 15 minute drive away. 5 star rating! signed, dave w. from ohio.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were in Auburn for unfortunate circumstances--a family funeral. However our stay at Quality certainly was a great experience. The room was extremely well decorated as was the entire hotel. It was clean everywhere. They had cookies and milk in the evening and the breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel/motel--eggs, sausage, biscuits n gravy, fruits, yogurt, cereal, waffles, juices, coffee, delicious cinnamon rolls, etc. etc. The staff were friendly. We asked for the senior discount making the room very affordable. It is within walking distance of many restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Baymont Inn & Suites Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
#7 of 7 in Auburn
Holiday Inn Express Kendalville
Ramada Angola/Fremont Area

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!