“Nice”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here last week for business. I though that the hotel had a charming feel to it. Every employee I came across was very friendly. The room did look like the pictures. Admittedly the room looked a bit dated except for the bedding, however I will take clean and comfortable over beautiful furnishings any day. The furnishings certainly would not deter me from returning. Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast, I am happy with a big cup of coffee and a muffin, so no complaints. To sum it up the hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable with a nice upgraded mattress.

Oh I should mention that there is no elevator and there are stairs to get inside. This wasn't an issue for me but I thought it was worth mentioning. I will say that I did not check around for a wheelchair ramp, if that is what you need I would suggest calling ahead.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Julia M

Reviewed November 7, 2012

i stayed here 9/20/12, checking out the next day. nice clean, quiet place. lots of eating places and a wal-mart close by. the breakfast served was awesome and i'm a big morning eater. stopped at the auto & truck museum and the auburn-cord-duesenberg museum a quick 15 minute drive away. 5 star rating! signed, dave w. from ohio.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were in Auburn for unfortunate circumstances--a family funeral. However our stay at Quality certainly was a great experience. The room was extremely well decorated as was the entire hotel. It was clean everywhere. They had cookies and milk in the evening and the breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel/motel--eggs, sausage, biscuits n gravy, fruits, yogurt, cereal, waffles, juices, coffee, delicious cinnamon rolls, etc. etc. The staff were friendly. We asked for the senior discount making the room very affordable. It is within walking distance of many restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at quite a few motel/hotels and this one is just about as good as a room that costs $100.00 - $150.00 a night. The hotel is an older historic type and has been upgraded VERY well. VERY clean, quiet. The services are way above and beyond normal, such as the dining room for guests, the breakfast's, although fairly simple, are truly hot and as good as any restaurant, I was surprised that the bagels were actually fresh, the biscuits & gravy are as good as any I've ever had & I'm 68 years old, I've had my share. Fresh fruit, cereal, etc... The lobby is plush & quiet and a great place to set and read, there's a full blown computer for guests as well, there's 2 screened in areas separate from the lobby for smokers & they're a nice setting area as well. The staff will do anything to please you. I'll absolutely return here sometime as there's a lot to see in this area.

Room Tip: As well as I can tell the lobby & dining room is within 1 minute of all the rooms, ALL he rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a very nice budget hotel. It is clean with friendly customer service personnel. The beds are also very comfortable. Despite it's proximity to the expressway it is also quiet. Great value for the family travelers! The only downside is that it has an outside pool so it is only usable for a few months out of the year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RegularGuy67
peter p, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

09-23-2012

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. Your review is very valuable to us we’re very grateful for your business and know that you have many choices in the area but choose to Quality inn Auburn. And look forward to seeing you again AT QUALITY INN AUBURN.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was not a typical "Quality Inn" experience. Upon pulling into the parking lot, we were surprised at the unique lodge look of this hotel. When walking into the lobby we noticed 2 beautiful screened and smoke free porches with wooden rocking chairs, which we enjoyed later in the evening. The lobby entrance was like walking into a much larger, more elite hotel with a fireplace, cherry bookshelves, a large checker board set and an elegant staircase leading to upstairs rooms. The furniture was detailed in "Auburn" cars and there was etched glass throughout the sitting areas. The staff was helping and friendly and when we got to our room we expected an average room. We were impressed with the extra large,clean and spacious room. The king size bed was very comfortable with new linens and the couch and sitting area was a welcome change. We were passing through Auburn as part of a longer trip, so it was nice to have an area to retreat to other than sitting in bed to watch TV. The decor of the room was very friendly, inviting and felt very home like. The breakfast in the morning was definitely above and beyond the normal Choice Hotels standard breakfast and was served hot, even though it was almost the end of the breakfast time when we arrived for breakfast.
We have already have planned on returning the area and to this hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: The sign and entrance to the hotel is a little difficult to find. You have to drive through the Arby...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

when a guest first drives into Quality's parking lot, they won't see a typical Quality Inn. My first thought was some type of boarding house. Facility is two storirs. No elevator, but a lovely staircase.. On each side of the outside door are screened in porches. As a guest walks into the lobby, they may have the thought of a small grand hoytel. A large number of chairs, three couches, table with chess set and four chairs. Coffee table. Large fire place, which did have a fire lit one night, with a chest cabinet nearby. A guest computer in lobby.

'Alyssia' made check-in smooth & quick.

My room, #122 first floor, is quite large. King comfortable bed, very firm, a person won't sink into it. The bed is a Q-Bed, premium mattress. Four pillows. From floor to top of mattress, about 30 ".Furnishings include 3 drawer chest , with open space. Straight back chair. Writing desk with lamp & swivel chair on wheels. Small couch and coffee table. Refrigerator, no micowave. A mico is available in the breakfast area.

The breakfast area has seven tables. three chairs each. Breakfast consist of six dry cereals, four juices, coffee, two waffle makers, apples, oranges, bananas. Ice maker. Breakfast starts at 6:00.

The space around the room's sink is limlited. Bathroom is good size. Shower/tub combo.Floor in tub is smooth, however a rubber mat is vavailable for a non-slip standing. Hot water for shower takes 10-12 seconds. safely railing on one end of shower wall.

The entire room & bathroom very clean. No mold/mildew in or around tub. The only real minus is the short sink faucet neck., The roundness is the sink gave me little room to rince off my hands under the faucet.

On the chest is a large flat screen televisison with 58 channels.

Finding this facility can be difficult, as Quality has no street or tall sign.After turning onto Touring Drive off Seventh Street, turn into Arbys, drive straight . Now a guest will see Quality's sign. If driving by Arbys, turn right towards Staples. Drive by Staples into Super 8's parking lot and turn right again, driving straight toward Quality. The lot is not large, but will accommodate most vehicles.

Several places to eat. Arbys, McDonalds, Applebee's a Bob Evens. If staying at Quality, a 15 % discount will be given at Applebee's. A Wal-Mart Superstore is just a fiour minute walk away in the same area, no crossing Seventh Street, where traffic is heavy.

When I arrived, I informed Alyssia that I needed to find the closest Best Buy. Checking on the guest computer, she was able to locate a B.B. within a 20 minute drive in Fort Wayne. That is why I gave Quality Inn a five star rating. Alyssia went out of her way to help me. All thre staff members very friendly & heplful. Near the front desk is a vending & ice machine.

In the bathroom is a iron/board. No closet. A wall mounted rack with seven hangers are available. Also a floor luggage rack.

The location, friendly staff, bed & room would want me to return without hesitation. Out of five motels during 15 day trip, Quality Inn was #1.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
peter p, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

09-06-2012
Thank you for choosing the Quality inn of Auburn.

We appreciate and value your business and are pleased that our property met your expectations in customer service, cleanliness, and the price range.

We look forward to seeing you in the future and taking care of your hospitality needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Baymont Inn & Suites Auburn
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
Hampton Inn Dupont Road
Hampton Inn Dupont Road
#6 of 44 in Fort Wayne

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!