“Good home town feel.”

Auburn's Town Tavern
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are traveling and want to go where the locals eat, you have to put this on your list. Known for their all you can eat fish on Fridays.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Loved, loved, loved this place from the food to the people and laid back atmosphere. Best food/bar restaurant I've ever been to and they serve all day long and you can't beat the prices especially since the food is fantastic! The staff was great and was like walking into someones home wish we had a place like this at home that only a few people knew about so it would stay just like it is - a great place to go! Thanks for the recommendation ACD Museum!!

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have lived in this area for over fifteen years, and had never been to the Auburn Town Tavern. I had heard that the fish was wonderful, but the owner was very negligent of the property. I had some friends come to visit, and they had read an article in, I believe Midwest Living, about how wonderful the fish was. This was the first and the last time I will visit the Town Tavern. Don't get me wrong the fish was wonderful and the service was great! There were two very cute and sweet girls working (Sarah and Joy). That was the best part of the experience. They both introduced themselves and made us feel very welcome.
The outside of the restaurant was in very bad condition. The lights were burnt out on the sign in the front and it looked like they were doing construction in the front room. The ladies bathroom was very dirty and had a foul smell. The kitchen is open and you can see right in. It was the dirtiest kitchen I had ever seen! Two things about a restaurant that should meet expectations are the kitchen and bathrooms, which neither was up to par.
Although the fish was great and the service was impeccable, I would not recommend to a friend to visit this restaurant. Upon paying, a cockroach walked across the top of the bar!!! Neither one of the girls seemed to be surprised, that is a problem. I can honestly say, I do not know how the place stays in business.
In one sentence, great girls, great fish, but unfortunately, owners that have zero pride in their business.

7  Thank Indianagirl555
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Auburn's Town Tavern has the best food ever! The Reuben was absolutely delicious! My husband ate only a small portion of the gigantic breaded tenderlion. If you leave hungry there is a problem. The waitress was a delight! The restaurant is in the front and the bar is in the back. I can't wait to go back again! :)

2  Thank yoopergirl77
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We all had the fish fry. Breaded Alaskan Pollock. Good quantity of food for a reasonable price. Interior is what you would expect in a small town cafe.

3  Thank BRahlf

Been to Auburn's Town Tavern? Share your experiences!