“Where's the beef?”

Ranked #28 of 50 Restaurants in Auburn
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Haven't been to a Bob Evan's in years, was in town so I went there for lunch. I noticed they had Pot Roast listed as a NEW item so I though I would try it. I have to say it was excellent. Why only 3 stars, because while it was great there was hardly any Pot Roast in it. Served in a bowl, it had mashed potatoes in the center, surrounded by very little Pot Roast, covered with carrots, onions and gravy. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 cup of meat. I was shocked and if I wasn't in a hurry I would have complained. Double the meat and it would have been a 5 star meal. And it cost about $10. Come on, don't be so cheap. Very disappointed.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Growing up in Michigan during the 70's a trip to Bob Evans was a special treat. We cooked Ol Bob's sausage at the house, and made a monthly trip to his restaurant was part of family life.

The sausage and gravy over biscuits is as good as you will find anywhere.

On this trip to Bob's place I was on the way up to Michigan for the weekend. AND, I'm trying to do the low carb thing. so a couple eggs, few pieces of bacon, and a bit of ham should do the trick. I about blew the waitresses mind when I asked her questions about "what type of ham is it?" Sugar or salt cured? Then she wanted to throw in some cottage cheese and fruit to make it a breakfast platter or something. I didn't want any of those things on there. She about couldn't figure out how to charge me for it. Poor girl.
It all worked out in the end though. I got the bill and waved goodbye to a childhood memory as I drove into the distance. Bye Bob..................see you in a month.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Their food is very good. I go for my daughter's birthday and she really likes them sending her a birthday card.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food was nothing special and the service was poor. We waited a long time to order, and then our server (who kept saying she was having a bad day) came back to tell us they lost our food order. When it arrived it was average at best.

1  Thank ku9224
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Food was so good..service was fast & staff was very nice. I ordered carry out & they had it ready 2 mins after I walked in..asked if I needed extra anything..newly remodeled..looks great!

Been to Bob Evans? Share your experiences!