All reviewsbed and breakfastwonderful hostschocolate cakewonderful weekendwafflesbaconsunrise suitegorgeous homesecond helpingsdifferent locationsspacious family rooman umbrellasnacks and beveragesmemorable staybreakfast was deliciousfront porchliving room
Reviewed October 7, 2016

October 3-5, 2016, nine friends/couples stayed at Inn at Windmere. Our group has taken a fall trip for about 25 years to various locations in Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. All of us agree this inn is the best place we have stayed! Paul and Susie Rexroth were ideal hosts and provided every comfort, from beautiful, well furnished bedrooms with king size beds, to spacious bathrooms, to comfortable and numerous seating in the great room, to sumptuous breakfasts in the dining room. We so enjoyed the chocolate cake she made the first night that she made another for us the next day. After our first breakfast we decided to return the next year.

Room Tip: The suite is on the first floor. Most of the other rooms had a seating area.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2016

My brothers, sisters, and spouses get together once a year for a family weekend. This year we picked the Inn at Windmere for our outing because they had enough rooms for each of us. What a choice, Paul, Susie, and there family were the most gracious host we could have ask for. They went above and beyond to make our stay a good one. The rooms were very nicely furnished, and decorated. The breakfast were better than I have gotten at any restaurant that I have had the pleasure to visit in my 64 years. The country setting was so quiet and peaceful that we didn’t hardly want to leave when our stay was over.

If you are going to be in the Auburn/Fort Wayne area and are looking for a family oriented place to stay, you would have to look long and hard to find a better place than here.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2016

A group of scrapbookers has been traveling to the Inn for the past 4 years. Susie & Paul are super gracious hosts, food is terrific, everything is clean, and the setting is peaceful. Highly recommend!

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2016

My husband and I are frequent B&B guests. The Inn at Windmere provided an awesome stop for us. Our room amenities, space and decor exceeded our expectations. Our hosts were engaged and provided wonderful tips for the area. Our early breakfast request was happily supplied -- and was yummy. Just off I-69 in Auburn, IN, this B&B is a hit!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2016

I echo all the other comments. The pictures on the website do not do justice to just how nice the Windmere Suite is. It is the biggest room we have ever stayed, and we have stayed at quite a few B&Bs. The B&B is in the country, so there is not road noise, and it is very peaceful. The breakfasts are very yummy, and generous in portions. Susie and Paul are the perfect hosts, and make it a point to not be too intrusive. Susie was even so nice to show us other rooms in the inn. I would consider this a destination B&B, and I would go out of my way just to go to this B&B to relax and enjoy the hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple