“Corporate retreat”

Inn At Windmere
Inn At Windmere
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our local team for Lia Sophia had a retreat at the Inn At Windmere. I had no expectations for what the place would be like. I was blown away by the room, the hospitality and the beautiful setting just outside Auburn, IN. The food was delicious. The jet tub and heated tile in the bathroom were both a luxury I enjoyed. Sitting by the fireplace and looking out the big picture windows was so relaxing. The remote controlled fireplace in my suite was just as relaxing. I never knew this place existed so close to home and yet felt like I was far away at a spa. I will definitely look forward to going back sometime in the future as well as share this little bit of heaven with others.

Thank you for your hospitality Inn At Windmere.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite on the first level. It has it's own fireplace and master bath setup with a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Had a wonderful time in a beautiful and convenient local for our group of crafters to meet for a relaxing weekend. Beautiful setting, wonderful hospitality and awesome location made for a perfect weekend. Owners were kind considerate and helpful every step of the way. Very flexible and accommodating for our group. Have already booked for next year and can't wait to return

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our group of 8 Second Timers spent an Enneagram weekend at The Inn. The very large gathering room with comfortable chairs and couches was perfect for listening and conversation and meditation. As a bed and breakfast, great beds and tasty breakfasts of blueberry pancakes, waffles with butter and maple syrup, with sides of eggs scrambled and over easy, sausages and crisp bacon, and home fries. The coffee is on throughout the day (and evening). After a catered Italian dinner there was ping pong, treadmill, walking along the country road under a full moon (when we were there), and a movie in the gathering room. Great place.

Room Tip: The suite with the king bed and jacuzzi is a peaceful, comfortable room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This weekend I had the opportunity to stay at the Inn at Windmere. It far exceeded my expectations. I went with a group of 5 other women to scrapbook for the weekend. The service was impeccable. Paul and Susie, the owners, went out of their way to make our stay exceptional. The Bed and Breakfast was beautifully decorated and perfectly clean. Although the location is close to the expressway, the property is very quiet and has a country feel, great for relaxing. I was able to indulge with a massage and facial over the weekend. The grounds are beautiful- perfect for a walk, or sitting on the porch and reading. The food was amazing and the prices were reasonable.
If you are a scrapbooker or a quilter, the space provider for that is very nice with great lighting and ample room to work. I definitely will return again- with my friends to scrapbook, and hopefully for a date with my husband. Susie and Paul really do think of everything! I can't think of anything negative to say about this stay! It really was perfect!

Room Tip: I didn't stay in the Windmere Suite, but some friends did. It has a large tub for two, it's...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed the evening of August 3rd, 2013. Try as I might, I found it impossible to find fault with the Inn. Martha Stewart could take lessons in housekeeping from Susie Rexroth. Hospitality, accommodations (we took the suite), cleanliness, breakfast, prices, all were above reproach. Our bathroom looked like no one had ever used it before. My only 2 nitpicks: It's a historic property from 1904, but the Rexroths have remodeled the place in the name of modern convenience and comfort, but lost the quirky charm that other older properties exude. The other minus is that it's located in a rather charmless subdivision that was obviously carved out of family farms. That said, I highly recommend the Inn art Windmere for anyone looking for a short stay, or living in the Christian lifestyle.

Room Tip: Try the Sunrise Suite. At $125/night a real bargain. You'd pay close to $1,000 for a suite this...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j0hnp234
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were in Auburn for a Wedding and stayed at the Inn!! We stayed in 5 rooms and all I can say is that you feel at home before you even unpack!!! It is so beautiful and there are more than a few places to just sit and relax, read and have a cup of tea!!! Paul and Susie (Rexroth) were such wonderful , warm and friendly hosts!!! I have one reason it was good to leave??what you ask...well if I stayed and ate all the wonderful breakfasts they prepared I would gain 20 lbs or have to walk everywhere....just teasing....the Breakfast were so beautifully done in the dining room and on fine china!!! Trully spoiled!!! I just wish the Inn was closer to to our home!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Paul & Susie have thought of absolutely everything to make your stay delightful. We stayed in the Windmere Suite which is a beautifully decorated, elegant, spacious room with a very comfortable bed. Also has wonderful, very large bathroom. The linens are pure luxury! No details are forgotten. Their entire inn is awesome! And to top it all off is a delicious breakfast.

Room Tip: The entire inn is absolutely beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Quality Inn
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Wayne
Super 8 Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
#7 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Inn At Windmere? Share your experiences!