“Not what I expected..”

6 Autumns Food and Spirits
Ranked #5 of 66 Restaurants in Angola
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At 6 Autumns Food & Spirits, we offer fine dining in a casual environment. With many of our menu items coming from local farms, we strive to provide you with a relaxing and fulfilling dining experience. Pair your meal with our selection of wines from Satek Winery. If you prefer beer, we offer domestic, micro and craft, with 15 on tap, and an additional 60 bottled varieties. We also offer a fully stocked bar with over 140 Bourbon Whiskys.
“Not what I expected..”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband, daughter,grandmother,aunt, and uncle came in to try the place and it was certainly not what we expected. The menus were just a piece of unlaminated paper which would have been fine but with a child it was a pain. I had pasta my daughter had a cheeseburger and Mac and cheese my grandmother had the bourbon chicken husband had the knicker burger anf Im nt sure what everyone else had but I can say my pasta was cold, so was my grandmas chicken everything was very very salty, it took us an hour to get our food and our server never checked on us not one time. We had to ask for refills. This place has potential but definitely at the moment needs alittle work. Maybe its just cause they are new. Oh and my husbands onion rings where burnt.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lovingmomma
Barrel6, Manager at 6 Autumns Food and Spirits, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thanks for following up with us after your visit. As you can imagine, I'm disappointed to hear your meal didn't live up to your expectations. Our staff works hard to make sure each of our guests has a great time, and we're certainly capable of providing a better experience!

That said, I appreciate you speaking up. Cold food and lackluster service aren't things we encourage or tolerate, so I'll be sure to share your review with our staff. I have no doubt it will only help us grow and improve!

As for our menus I agree, a piece of paper is not very nice, we are almost finished with our custom, hand-made menus which will look much nicer, and will offer more stability for our guests... all part of being a new business, and your feedback is the key to our future success. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your visit!

Regards,

Fremont, Indiana
“Good fun”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

They have top shelf bourbon of all kinds and Dragon's Milk stout on tap. It goes well with the food and appetizers. We went to listen to a local Jam Band that plays in the banquet room on the first and third Thursday nights of the month. What fun. We sipped bourbon and listen to ol time rock and roll some bluegrass music. The jam band is just a bunch of guys who get together for fun but any one can join in sing or play an instrument. We plan to go back.

Visited July 2013
Barrel6, Manager at 6 Autumns Food and Spirits, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We can't wait to have you back! Thanks for taking the time to give us a shout on TripAdvisor. I have no doubt other reviewers will appreciate your recommendation as much as I do!

Until next time,
Waterloo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Selection of Bourbon”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

6 Autumns has an incredible selection of bourbons. I tried a couple of the small batch Woodford Reserve selections. Also had a glass of Dragons Milk beer. Both the bourbons and the beer were outstanding. I ordered the Chicken Avocado sandwich with a side of grilled squash and it was great. I had a very interesting conversation at the bar about some of the different bourbons that they sell. The staff was very knowledgeable about the back stories of the different bourbons. I had a great time, excellent food and some really special bourbon.

1 Thank Randy_Kimball
Barrel6, Manager at 6 Autumns Food and Spirits, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks for your recommendation, Randy! It's great to hear you enjoyed learning about and sampling our bourbons. We're proud to offer 60 varieties, and I know other reviewers will appreciate your suggestion as much as I do!

Best,
Coldwater, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One Of The Best Restaurants Hands Down!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Over the past couple weeks, while in the area, we had the opportunity to eat at 6 Autumns Food and Spirits pretty regularly. Having been to a lot of high end restaurants over the years, we're pretty discriminating about our food and service. I have to say, 6 Autumns was truly one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. The prices are comparable to Applebees or Ruby Tuesdays. But the food is definitely not your run of the mill chain restaurant prepared stuff. They have unique entrees that have been designed for 6 Autumns exclusively. Everything is prepared fresh and the friendliness of service is fantastic. 6 Autumns has become our new favorite restaurant. I encourage you to try it. Even if you have to travel a bit we think it's worth the drive.

1 Thank Matt M
One of the best dining experiences you've ever had? Wow! What an amazing compliment, Matt. I realize it's been more than a month since you wrote your review, but I wanted to reach out to let you know how much I appreciate your compliments. The fact that you drive all the way from Coldwater to dine with us is just the icing on the cake!

Until next time,
“Definitely going back!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I absolutely loved the service I received at 6 autumns. The food is superb and is hands down better than anywhere else in Angola. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The fish sandwich is my boyfriends favorite thing on the menu. I love the knicker burger and their Aussie chicken is delicious! They have an amazing selection of beer and bourbon! If you are around the Angola area I suggest stopping in to 6 autumns! The staff and owner will make you feel like family.

1 Thank SarahandEric
Great to hear from you via TripAdvisor, Sarah! I'm delighted to hear that you and Eric enjoy dining with us so much. We're proud to offer a unique experience to our guests, and it's loyal customers like you who've helped us get where we are today!

Best,
Marty

Been to 6 Autumns Food and Spirits? Share your experiences!