“One Of The Best Restaurants Hands Down!”

6 Autumns Food and Spirits
Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Angola
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: At 6 Autumns Food & Spirits, we offer fine dining in a casual environment. With many of our menu items coming from local farms, we strive to provide you with a relaxing and fulfilling dining experience. Pair your meal with our selection of wines from Satek Winery. If you prefer beer, we offer domestic, micro and craft, with 15 on tap, and an additional 60 bottled varieties. We also offer a fully stocked bar with over 140 Bourbon Whiskys.
Coldwater, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One Of The Best Restaurants Hands Down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Over the past couple weeks, while in the area, we had the opportunity to eat at 6 Autumns Food and Spirits pretty regularly. Having been to a lot of high end restaurants over the years, we're pretty discriminating about our food and service. I have to say, 6 Autumns was truly one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. The prices are comparable to Applebees or Ruby Tuesdays. But the food is definitely not your run of the mill chain restaurant prepared stuff. They have unique entrees that have been designed for 6 Autumns exclusively. Everything is prepared fresh and the friendliness of service is fantastic. 6 Autumns has become our new favorite restaurant. I encourage you to try it. Even if you have to travel a bit we think it's worth the drive.

1 Thank Matt M
Barrel6, Manager at 6 Autumns Food and Spirits, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
One of the best dining experiences you've ever had? Wow! What an amazing compliment, Matt. I realize it's been more than a month since you wrote your review, but I wanted to reach out to let you know how much I appreciate your compliments. The fact that you drive all the way from Coldwater to dine with us is just the icing on the cake!

Until next time,
Marty, Owner

“Definitely going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I absolutely loved the service I received at 6 autumns. The food is superb and is hands down better than anywhere else in Angola. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The fish sandwich is my boyfriends favorite thing on the menu. I love the knicker burger and their Aussie chicken is delicious! They have an amazing selection of beer and bourbon! If you are around the Angola area I suggest stopping in to 6 autumns! The staff and owner will make you feel like family.

1 Thank SarahandEric
Great to hear from you via TripAdvisor, Sarah! I'm delighted to hear that you and Eric enjoy dining with us so much. We're proud to offer a unique experience to our guests, and it's loyal customers like you who've helped us get where we are today!

Best,
Marty
“Go here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Fantastic environment, great food, great beers, great bourbon selection. I travel 60% of the year, and I'd pay good money for this place to be everywhere I go.

1 Thank Beeding
Thanks for taking the time to recommend us! Knowing that you wish you could eat at our place everywhere you go is both flattering and humbling — a compliment I guarantee we won't soon forget. Hope to have you back again soon!

'Til then,
Marty, Owner
Waterloo, Indiana, United States
“unique food and drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Food was amazing and their whiskey/bourbon selection was even better! The Knicker burger was by far my favorite dish. The complimentary rolls and cinnamon butter was delicious, I could eat that butter with a spoon! The service was great and even the owner and general manager stopped by my table to see how everything was. I think this restaurant was just what Angola, Indiana was missing!

2 Thank Casey C
Naperville, IL
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just tried 6 Autumns for the first time. Very disappointed. I can give the owner(s) several tips. First of all, the entrance to the restaurant is not clearly identifiable. There are two doors. One door is marked "bar entrance" but you can't see it until you are at the door. Then you have walk over to the other door for the restaurant. We were greeted and seated immediately. It wasn't busy for a Friday night at 6:00. Another tip...at least laminate the paper menus! The menus are a piece of paper. They were worn and stained. Really? No actual menus? The menu is very limited. Very few items. Mostly chicken breast or hamburger with a sprinkling of a pasta dish and a seafood dish. For lack of much else to choose from, I ordered the classic burger. Nothing special. The burger was plated incorrectly making half of the bun soggy. When the waitress brought our food I asked for some mayo. I was half-done with the burger by the time I got it. Others in my party got the Knickerburger. The egg on one of the burgers was like an over-easy egg. They are hard to eat. Everything slides all over. You have to eat it with a knife and fork. The sweet potato wedges were good. The fries ok. We ordered onion rings as an appetizer. They were good but the portion was very small. We didn't order dessert since we were unimpressed with what we had so far. Went to Scoops for ice cream instead. Another tip.....the bank of windows along the side of the restaurant need blinds or shades! The sun was shining and in the eyes of anyone who happened to be seated on the wrong side of the booths. One lady I noticed wearing her sunglasses! The sun shining right in your face is not enjoyable when you are trying to eat a meal inside a restaurant is not good! One more tip...buy straws that actually fit your drink glasses! The straws are too short for the glasses and you have to fish it out of your glass to take a drink. Service was average. Our server was pleasant enough. I thought it took longer to get our food than it should have considering it was just burgers. Its unfortunate. I have yet to find a decent restaurant in Angola. Not sure why restaurants in this area just don't have it all together! Sorry 6 Autumns but we won't be back.

1 Thank jugasne