“Horrible ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

The food was tasteless. Stuff that shouldn't be soggy was. Some foods were served cold that shouldn't be. Overall bad experience. Service was so so.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I raved about this place about a month ago, but what I have discovered is that it depends on what night you eat here and how busy they are. The waitresses that don't work the weekends, well, they need to buy Rosetta Stone and learn better English. The guys are pretty good and way more attentive. If I owned this place, I'd dump the waitresses into bus person jobs because they all seem to have crappy attitudes. My food was nothing like before, and I had, once again, the carnitas. I hate places where you have to go on a certain night to get good food and service. That being said, do not go on Wedsnesdays.

1  Thank Phantomblonde
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Erika is such a great waitress.
We were a family of 4. Upon being seated 2 party members went to the restroom, I had not even got the seat warm, and the waitress asked what we wanted to drink. I asked her if she could come back in a minute. She said how about water for now, well that is all we got. We ordered an appetizer and the waitress left. The waitress returned about 3 minutes later and took our entrée order. Within 10 minutes our entrée appear at the table. When we asked, where the appetizer was, she said we did not order one. She never asked if we wanted to reorder, just dropped the entrees and left. After we finished our entrée, we were still hungry, portion size was meager. When the waitress returned with the check, never asked if we needed anything else, I ordered the appetizer. When the appetizer came the cheese and chicken nachos were extremely watery and the chips were already soggy. After the meal was over, the check was represented to me by our waitress. I looked over the check, then placed the check and my credit card on the table, as I saw everyone else doing. Another waitress waiting on a neighboring table stated "Erika is too busy, you can take the check and payment to the register". When I go to the register to pay, I see other members of the wait staff taking care of customers bills. In fact the cashier was taken back that I was even at the register to pay.
Erika is such a great waitress.

1  Thank T P
Reviewed June 28, 2014

As a Senior Contributor, it takes many different things for me to give a FIVE Star rating to any restaurant. I'm from out west where the best Mexican food has always been. I moved to the midwest where Taco Bell has out-performed any mexican restaurant in the Fort Wayne area. I met a friend in Angola, Indiana last evening and he takes me to this place on Lake James, just three miles off the freeway at Exit 350 off I-69. There are people everywhere and I'm thinking we'll never get in on a Friday night. We got right in if we sat at the bar which was four deep but there were still two seats at the end. I kept thinking we'll never get waited on, this place is swarming! We were NEVER ignored. A young lady brought us warm delicious chips and the best salsa I've had in this area. She also made our cocktails, even though she wasn't the bartender. Both bartenders were hustling but never ignored us. The bartender took our order and again, I'm thinking we'll never get fed. He brought us more chips and salsa and pretty soon, here comes the food! We ordered plates of carnitas and carne asada for $11 each which were so good they were off the charts! Served with the sweetest raw onion, lettuce and a huge tomato slice, we put them on the fresh corn tortillas. Even the beans and rice, which I usually don't even touch was great. I thought i was dreaming, it was THAT good. The bartender kept and eye on us to be sure we didn't need anything the whole time it was five deep at the bar. They had pre-made on the rocks margaritas and had a frozen machine which is usually a turn off for me, but they were GREAT! I have never seen so many people at a restaurant but every single one was served and happy including me and my friend. In the words of the Terminator: I WILL BE BACK!!!! Excellent food, excellent service and a great location across the street from Lake James. Nice view on top of the great food and service.

1  Thank Phantomblonde
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Went with two grandchildren and my wife. Kids had a blast with all the bustle and atmosphere. Food was excellent and extremely reasonable. Portions were enormous. A must stop if in the area.