“Wish I could give it 6 stars!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Anderson, Indiana
“Wish I could give it 6 stars!”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Yip's is by far, hands-down, bar none, the BEST Chinese restaurant in the US. I have been eating here consistently for over ten years and I would not hesitate for one moment to pit it against any Chinese place in NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. "Fresh" is an understatement. All dishes come out piping hot. Granted, if the buffet is not during busy hours, some of the dishes might be a little stale or old. However, all you have to do is ask Sam (the owner) if she will freshen it up and her husband the cook will make a new batch immediately.

Don't be fooled by appearances, as so many people in Anderson are by the exterior of this business. Sam reinvests all of her profits in keeping prices low and providing top quality food. Therefore, she hasn't really spent much on the building. I think it gives the place "charm" but others are turned away by it. It's not terrible, but obviously needs some major repairs.

You also will not find a friendlier atmosphere. Sam treats all of her customers wonderfully, and if you start showing up on a regular basis, you will be treated like family. She will remember your name and always what you like to drink.

One more thing, she keeps a garden in the back with all kinds of vegetables and uses them in her dishes when they are in season. How can you not love that!

Visited February 2012

Westfield, Indiana
“dont pass this one up!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This food is plentiful and amazing! Absolutely delicious! I drive from Westfield, IN to get a couple of large orders of RAINBOW FRIED RICE (minus the shrimp) to bring home now and then, because I LONG for the stuff....When my kids see me walk in with the "brown bag" it is conquered, divided, and gone in minutes. Did I mention large? It's more like HUGE! I have never seen such generous portions in all my life. This place is a best kept secret and is a real gem if you love food and you like a relaxed casual and friendly atmosphere.....come as you are and leave with a big ol' smile on your face. Be prepared to go home and take a nap too! Haha...........LOVE IT

• Visited August 2011
OKC, OK
“Absolutely the best Wonton Soup I've ever had!”
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Moved from the area 12 years ago - and our family makes it a point to eat at Yip's every visit back! They do treat customers like family; it's still our favorite Chinese restaurant anywhere. My work has taken me to China on several occasions; but no place matches their delicious wonton soup! It isn't one of the free soups provided with a meal (which are all really good in their own right), but absolutely worth the small cost! It's not a fancy place by any means, but the food and service make it an enjoyable experience. My personal favorite is their rainbow fried rice - but everything is very tasty!

1 Thank RedRockers15
Indianapolis
“Best Chinese food in Anderson”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I agree with the other review that the owners are delightful people. While the ambience is lacking, the food is delicious. Chicken dishes contain only white meat and the traditional chinese dishes like egg foo yung are delicious. Try the sizzling rice soup!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is a old style Chinese joint. It is a mom & pop place for sure. The husband & wife team is great. Very...”
Reviewed May 24, 2008

This is a old style Chinese joint. It is a mom & pop place for sure. The husband & wife team is great. Very kind people with an excellent buffet. I am not big on Chinese buffets, but this is the cat's meow.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook