“There are better choices”
Review of Hoosier Park

Hoosier Park
lafayette Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“There are better choices”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My wife and I started going to Hoosier Park in January of 09. We were pleased at first. In the last year however we have noticed that we hardly win anymore in comparison to other Casinos. We have put more than our fair share in to "give it a chance" . The staff seems to stand (loiter) around and it is SO noisy! The cigarette smoke is thick. There seems to be so many people wandering aimlessly as if they haven't got a penny to their name that you can't even navigate to your next machine. The comps are a joke. We have been going to Blue Chip, Four Winds, Horseshoe instead. I hate traveling that far but Hoosier Park has turned into a big disappointment for us. What happened? I think the fact that the $13 million mortgage payment was missed might explain our lack of winnings. We won't be back. Sorry for the bad review guys but you have taken enough money from us. Get your act together! S. Sink

8 Thank sinksks

Florissant, Missouri
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“not Las Vegas, but was fun to go to”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I am from St Louis where we have lots of casinos. I had never been to a casino/racetrack before. It was winter, so there was no racing, but you could bet on tracks elsewhere if you wanted to. My husband and I are not big gamblers -- in fact, when we checked our comps when we left, I had earned a whopping 27 cents -- but we had fun going there. We signed up for the slot club and received a coupon book that had 1/2 off the buffet. We had lunch there, so it only cost $5 with the coupon. It is not the largest buffet, but the food was good quality and very tasty. The carved meats were all excellent. Our waitress was attentive and refilled our drinks promptly. Lots of seniors there that day too -- i felt very young and I am 49 years old. We won't be making a special trip back there, but we were in the area and decided to check it out. The entire facility was very clean and the people at the comps desk were all very nice and friendly. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Chicago
“Great Gaming”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

The casino itself is very comfortable with lot's of space. The staff was welcoming and friendly. They have slots and live racing, which my husband liked. They have a variety of food outlets including a buffet, Johnny Rockets, and a deli with great sandwiches right on the casino floor. It's a fantastic locals casino and I would recommend Hoosier Park Racing and Casino to anyone driving past Indianapolis on I65 or I69 if they get the chance.

indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not worth the trip!”
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We have been a few times and I must say each time gets worse. Not only do we not win anything at all, but the people aren't the least bit friendly either. You would think that they would be very polite and friendly but that is certainly not the case! I went with 4 others today and none of us won, nor did we see anyone else winning. If you like to gamble go to Shelbyville or to the boat. We always see winners there and the staff is friendly!

10 Thank IndianaConsiderate
Indianapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“could do better”
Reviewed November 9, 2008

It's still fairly new, so everything is up to date and clean. The Deli has very good food. They don't however, have enough people on the casino floor to get you a soda. You may have to wait a long time, or end up leaving your machine to get your own. Fairly well ventilated so the smoking isn't as much a problem as in some other casinos. However the non-smoking area is disappointingly small. They definitely don't have "loose slots". They don't comp you as well as other casinos I have visited. If you like horse racing, that area is quite nice. You have a really good view of the track.

4 Thank GracieLee24