“Ehh...OK”

Grabill
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Ehh...OK”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Way too much smoking..cough...cough...cancer setting in! Much better casinos in the area! Toledo is smoke free, and Battle creek is much cleaner!

Visited December 2012
4 Thank T-Cliffy

Florence, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a fantastic time”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

always a party here especially on New Years Eve, we are going back again this year and bringing friends with us, I think we will make this our new tradition.

Visited January 2012
Plainfield, Indiana
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“I'd go to Shelbyville to Grand Casino.. Stay Away..”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been reading over some of the other reviews and I really have to agree with everything said.. I know that some people will take "play" and add it into their review. Here is my own conclusions (not weighted on play.)

The casino:

- The employees are zombies. They are not friendly, they don't act/react/.... do anything! There is no smiles here. Service they get a HUGE ZERO.. If someone is providing me a service of taking my money, the least they can do is smile.
-It is spacious, that being said, it seems like they are trying to jam too much into an area that could be just a little more spread out.
-It *IS* a smoking casino and the air handlers are not up to the challenge of keeping with the exchange rate. (Shortly put, you will stink when you leave.)
-There is NO LIVE blackjack, roulette, or poker. Instead it is all video driven with people standing behind the BJ table. Why? I have NO IDEA. It doesn't help the game any.
- Slot service was slow (on Weekday evening(s)). There was few people and even fewer attendants.
- The food quality is substandard. You are better off leaving and going to Olive Garden right in front of the place or McDonalds... You're doing yourself a favor.
-(This one is for more serious players:) The direct mail offers are garbage. After being in other casinos player programs, this one stinks. The offers are not good based off play. You can't "cash in" your points either. You can only use them for junk at the gift shop or a meal.

Odds N Ends:

Drive: It's northeast of Indianapolis by about 35 minutes, depending on traffic and awful construction on I-69.
Parking Lot: Well lit, good security, offers free valet.
Race track: Closed for winter, OK action in summertime.

In a nutshell, there are only 2 gaming options for Indianapolis... I would recommend Grand over this one. It's closer to downtown and people are nicer.

Visited November 2012
6 Thank Mark B
Albany, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not the best casino.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

They have very unfriendly personnel. The buffet is horrible. For being voted #1, someone lied. I only go there because it's close.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank Tena V
Zionsville, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Easy and fun”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

A quick drive from Indianapolis. A great way to get some casino entertainment! Lots of food choices as well, nothing gourmet, but that's not why I go there anyway. Nothing outrageously awesome, but a great spot none the less. I like going during the week as it's less crowded.

Visited October 2012