“Breakfast was surprisingly good!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Anderson
“Breakfast was surprisingly good!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Another quick overnight stay. Had a king whirlpool room. The room was huge. The furniture was slightly worn but still nice. Te front desk person was great. We felt very safe. Breakfast was surprisingly good for this level hotel. No freeze dried eggs like you get in other places. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Vivsmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
michigan
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have no idea what it is about this hotel... I switched rooms multiple times and couldn't get away from different smells. I kept the second room that smelled musty/or like mold. I asked the front desk and was just given another room that smelled. The clerk mentioned she could just give me spray that they use when cleaning the rooms...grrr. Glad it's only one night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank trixy23
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I just reached diamond status with another hotel chain and their hotel in the area was booked, so I thought I would give this hotel a try and was actually looking forward to it. I made my reservation through the chain customer service hotline, which went smoothly. I entered the lobby with a clearly identified service dog in training (who was also noted in the reservation) and the first words out of the clerk's mouth were "no dogs allowed.". No welcome at all. I explained that he was a service dog, listed in my reservation, and pointed out his identification. I was also wearing identification. She did not apologize for any misunderstanding and instead she got an attitude with me. I'm super friendly and was asking her about the hotel, told her I was trying it for the first time, etc. She handed me my room key. I asked about wifi and she sighed and then gave me the printed info. Then, I asked about breakfast hours and, again, she acted like she was being put out! Those are usually standard pieces of info that are explained upon check in...I didn't think I should have to ask or that my questions deserved so much drama!

The room was very large, clean, and comfortable...too bad the staff member I came in contact with was so rude. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank Carlycanine
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel during our visit to BSU. The room was clean, linens were also clean, and the pillows were marked for sleeping preference. After the football game, we returned to the hotel ready to relax. Upon return we discovered that our key card would no longer access entry into our room. Fearing the worst, my husband obtained a new card and apologies from the front desk. Apparently, many rooms were entered incorrectly as a one night stay only. We sought refuge to the pool with drinks along the way. We discovered that the ice maker on the third floor was not working and it was best to climb the stairs to another floor. The elevator is often busy and the only one available. We arrived at the pool to discover there is not a Hot Tub at this facility. The pool, well... it was HAIRY! The filter was not running and possibly big foot himself had visited prior to our arrival. Hair on the side where people had strung it out, hair floating in the water! yuck! Scale deposits line the entire pool as it has not been cleaned and maintained. It smells bleachy, and is warm in the pool area, but how disgusting!!! We observed a woman attempting to operate the treadmill ... she eventually had to obtain a key from the front desk to make it work. Other equipment was broken.
The breakfast was instant items. Instant made gravy, biscuits, eggs. The cinnamon rolls, bagels, and milk were safe.
Room was okay. Desk chair was permantely fixed in the lowest position, and the toliet has a power flush system that decides to fill and flush and the most inappropriate times... like Not when it needs to be flushed.
Overall, I would expect better quality and maintence from this newer Holiday Inn. It is not being maintained and is quickly deteriorating. For the price of a nightly stay the facilites were a diappointment and I was left feeling UNimpressed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Fstlane09
Indiana
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is the second time we've stayed at this motel in a year. Very modern and up-to-date. Free breakfast was very good. Real close to yhe HOOSIER PARK CASINO in Anderson.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lumpylbk
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding. My previous experience with Holiday Inn Express is that they were small, non-descript no-frills kind of places. What a wonderful surprise! Beautiful decor, layout, nice complimentary breakfast, wonderful comfortable beds and linens and a great staff. We were very pleased!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank snooksmama
Chicago suburbs
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I frequently travel to Anderson to visit family, and Holiday Inn Express has become my home-away-from-home. Not perfect, but way better than other local options.. The basic rooms are clean and attractive and the suites (which we get when we have the kids along) are even better. A little noisy sometimes - my last visit during Colts training camp had me wishing for more soundproofing - but our stays are generally pleasant. If I could change one thing it would be to put refrigerators in some of the regular rooms. They currently have them only in the suites.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank DPHockeymom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Hampton Inn Anderson
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 13 in Anderson
Motel 6 Indianapolis Anderson
Cambria hotel & suites Noblesville - Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Anderson? Share your experiences!