Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Worth Searching Out

Stopped here on a Saturday afternoon on a return trip to Chicago from the Gulf Coast. Great beers... read more

Reviewed December 3, 2018
Dana O
Naperville, Illinois
Good visit. Overall decent beers

Overall worth the time and energy to get here. Isolated place far from anything. Run down and needs... read more

Reviewed October 9, 2018
919bryanw
Belleville, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews southern illinois worth the trip wood fired oven woods louis plants
Reviewed May 25, 2016

Great bread, pizza....beer fantastic. Seriously good eats!! But, to get any of those things one descends from the parking lot into a sea of tobacco smoke (from cigarettes and cigars) and the smoke follows one through the screens into the dining room. I was looking forward to my visit after enjoying the beer at other locations. I will continue to find beer and bread at other locations. If you don't like smoke with your food and drink stay away. If you do, this is the place to go.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

We were really excited to visit this brewery and left disappointed. There was an event going on (maybe a wedding?) and the staff acted as if they didn't want to be bothered by our small group. We did a tour of multiple breweries that day, and Scratch was definitely a disappointment compared to the others we visited. While it's a neat location, I doubt we go back.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed March 27, 2016

Middle of nowhere, nice rural relaxed atmosphere. Good selection of brews with interesting ingredients (hay? beets?) We were there on a sunny spring Saturday and enjoyed sitting outside. The food looked good, too, but we didn't have any.

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

Love the concept of incorporating the local ingredients into their brews. The atmosphere was also fantastic. I didn't like most of their beers but some in our group raved about Scratch's sour beer.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed February 28, 2016

After a recommendation from several people, my wife and I made the trek up to Scratch to sample their brews. In getting there: like we were told, 'about the time you think you're lost, that's where they are'. The brewery is situated well off the beaten path and I doubt you'd just stumble upon it. But, when you get there, it's a unique place and it seemed to fit very well with the overall theme. The atmosphere was lively even though it was cold out and everyone was relaxing indoors. As far as the beer goes, I guess I have to go against the grain here because I wasn't really impressed. I wanted to like it because I love trying new beer and the place just has a cool feel to it but nothing struck my fancy. Not to say that they make bad beer...It's just that it wasn't for me. That said, I do recommend that you give them a shot if you like going to breweries and tasting new beers. Who knows, this might be exactly what you're looking for!

Date of experience: October 2015