Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Hotels.com
Rodeway Inn(North Aurora)
$48
  • Fitness center
Comfort Inn & Suites(North Aurora)
$94
All reviewshollywood casinoparamount theatertrain stationtransportation centerround housefront deskhot breakfasthi expresswithin walking distancecomfort inncinnamon rollsthe breakfast arearooms are cleanyogurtnice poolwe've stayedwould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We traveled to Aurora for access to the suburban Chicago bicycle trails. This hotel was a perfect choice, as we found a link to the trail system across the street and down about one block. The hotel was modern, clean and a bargain. Staff was friendly and helpfuil. I would recommend the hotel to any cyclists interested in the suburban trails.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dckcanton
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I'm so flattered that we were your first review and a very positive one too! It's so great to hear that we were the perfect location for you to bike on the Illinois Trail System! The four trails of the Fox Valley Park District, Fox River Trail, Illinois Prairie Path, Virgil Gilman Trail, and Waubonsie Creek Trail, are all accessible from our hotel! If any cyclists are interested in biking these paths, they can visit foxvalleyparkdistrict.org and look under the "Parks & Trails" tab for a trail map! These trails are a short ride north to St. Charles where you can grab a quick bite to eat at restaurants on the trail. Or they can lead you to the brand new River Edge Park, which is right across the street from us, located on the Fox River. The Park offers many events for all ages and is a beautiful spot to rest and enjoy the River! Thank you again for recognizing how convenient our Comfort Suites is in relation to the bike trails. We would love to have you back again soon for more biking and a great stay!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in the Comfort Suites while in town for a wedding. The room was very clean, bed was super comfortable, breakfast was pretty good as compared to similar offerings at other hotels and the staff were very accommodating. Would happily return if I were in this area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from train.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank msmiths

Thank you for staying with us! It's so great to hear that you were satisfied with everything we have to offer. I'm especially pleased to hear that our staff was accommodating during your time with us! We stress costumer service in every aspect of our establishment. We hope to see you again if you are ever in the area! Have a great summer and thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

For the last 5+ years we've been attending the Aurora Blues Festival on Father's Day weekend and have always stayed here. It is a nice, well maintained hotel, located very conveniently if you are attending the festival, especially now with the new performance park being right a cross the street. The hotel has a railroad theme, decorated with memorabilia from the golden age of rail travel, which is appropriate given it's proximity to the train station, old round house and railroad tracks. However that does also present one negative to this property - the trains running right past your window if you have a room on the backside of the hotel. Fortunately there is little train traffic at night. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Reserve early, they are full every weekend with weddings.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wayne D
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

We are glad to hear you had a great stay at our Comfort Suites in Aurora. Aurora is Illinois' 2nd largest city, rivaled only by Chicago in population. So you could imagine that even though we are in the burbs, we are truly a semi urban hotel. With the urban convenience (like being able to arrive in Chicago in 43 minutes on the express train!) comes some "sounds of the city". Sometimes convenience outweighs some slight inconveniences. We are walking distance to great pubs, entertainment and restaurants, like Bally Doyle Irish Pub, Two Brothers Brewing and Banquets, and the new River Edge Park outdoor performance venue. Not to mention the Hollywood Casino and the Paramount Theater! These provide those "Urban Conveniences" expected at larger city hotels. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you back soon. Thank you again for staying and for taking the time to review.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times over the past 4 years and usually enjoy a very pleasant stay. Most times the staff is very friendly and chats in a welcoming manner. However, this last stay I felt as if I was intruding during check-in. One staff member stood behind the counter and stared! When I checked out the following morning and asked to have the safe fee removed (I had asked for this to be done upon check-in), the front desk clerk "sighed" loudly at me!!
I enjoy staying at this hotel because it is very comfortable, clean and usually very friendly. Hope to be able to write a happier review the next time I travel to Aurora.

Room Tip: Rooms on front side are quieter -- busy train tracks are on back side of hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joyce S
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

First off welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that this stay didn't wow you as usual. We will discuss this with staff and certainly make necessary changes if need be. We are remove any and all safe charges at any request and this should not be a chore for our front desk. We are there to serve you and especially appreciate you returning. I would love to make your reservation for your next stay. Please call and ask for me and I will personally make sure everything is as you expect. Thank you again for your continued support of our hotel! See you soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and i came across this lil beauty while shopping at the areas local premium outlet mall, We came across a very polite, and knowledgable young lady who was willing to help in anyways she could. We slept in very comfy beds and then ate one of the finest continental breakfasts I have ever had. Waffles with strawberrys n whip cream, hashbrowns, sausage and all the goods was awesome. If your in the area for shopping this is the place to stay!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank imcoldhere
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We hope that travelers will use TripAdvisor so that "hidden gems" like us can be found. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon! I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our new Hot Breakfast! We added new features, like the fresh fruit and whip cream dispenser, to go above and beyond the breakfast that you can find at most Comfort Suites. If there is anything we can do for you to make your next stay an even better experience, please feel free to contact us!