“Nice hotel for a short stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here for a concert we attended at North Central College over in Naperville because it was the best value. I must say, as we drove in from the north from I88, it didn't look too promising as the neighborhoods we drove through north of downtown didn't look too safe. However, when we got to the hotel, the area seemed to be a bit better. This hotel is in downtown Aurora and backs up to the Metra station.
The hotel itself is normal - nice lobby, etc. Rooms are good for the price point. Clean but a little bit dated. Nothing to worry about.
Right next door is a brewery so we were able to grab a drink and an after concert snack. They guy at the bar told us to just watch ourselves walking next door after midnight. It is a little bit dark and you never know who will be hanging around the Metra station.
Overall, we felt pretty safe. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: There's the road side and the train side. I chose the road side as it is quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jvg62
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We did bring up the lighting issue with the Manager at the Roundhouse. Since your posting, the Roundhouse has added new L.E.D Parking lot lights. They told us they had a few out at the time you stayed. We cannot speak to what someone "told you" at the bar, but we have never had an issues in our hotel or our parking lots. If you need any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tom Stahl-Director of Sales

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My goal on this trip was to spend a day in Chicago and get there stress free. Riding the Metra was exactly that. We walked over and bought our tickets the night before, then hopped on at 8am the next morning. This hotel was great and I would stay again. It's clean,modern and our room was spacious with a nice big bathroom and plenty of counter space for two women and a teenager! Nice pool and breakfast area - everything clean. I did request a street side room and never heard a train. We stayed two nights then had to move on to Yorkville for a wedding. So happy we stayed here!

Room Tip: street side
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kathryn g
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post on our property! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate all of your kind words! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Tom Stahl Director of Sales

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was recently in town on a brief visit with my family and decided to stay at a hotel since space is quite limited at my parents home. Best decision I have made in a long time, not only was everyone at the Comfort Suites very pleasant, but I never slept better! When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by a lady names Taris, She was absolutely very pleasant, she had me and my family laughing the whole time we checked in. It todays world so many staff members just "process" people through the requirements, not taking time to actually notice that there is a real person, with real feelings in front of them. So this was definately a pleasant change of pace! Not only did she greet me, she greeted my children as well! I wish more people would take the time to interract with the family as a whole than just the person paying.

Next went to our rooms to settle in and noticed that the room was well appointed and very clean, you can definately see the pride show in these rooms. The housekeepers were friendly, at least what I encountered with them, and I had the pleasure of meeting the most wonderful breakfast host I have ever met. Esther was so friendly and so smiley, not only was she like this to me, she was like this to everyone that I noticed. She offered coloring pages to my children, and took our plates away. I was able to speak with Genise about my stay, and I must tell you, I though Esther was smiley, Genise is such a warm welcome in the morning, she was very helpful with all the questions that I had, and was positively amazing with her knowledge of the area!

As I was walking to my car with the kids in the morning, a maintenance guy warmly said hello, and was super friendly!

I must say I was overwhelmed with kindness from the staff at this location! They were amazing all around and hands down just a wonderful stay! I typically do not stay at midscale brands because you just never know what your going to get. But I must say, when I come back to the Aurora area, I will definately be staying here! I big Thank You to Taris, Genise, Esther, and I think his name was Jim. You made my stay a memorable one, and kids even asked "I really like this place mommy, when can we come back?"

So thank you again for a wonderful stay, and I really wish I could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: I would opt for a street side room, not only is it a better view, but there is no train
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mluv2travelK
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to review our hotel.

It was a pleasure to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your gratitude to our staff. I am certain that they will be as delighted as I am with your generous comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Comfort Suites; hopefully, in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards,

Tom Stahl Director of Sales

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend, Aug10-12 2012 on our first vacation in the 7 years. I informed the reservation desk that my husband uses a wheelchair when I booked the room and they said that their handicap suite was unavailable but that he would be comfortable in any of their standard rooms. That assurance was repeated when I confirmed the booking Friday morning and again when we arrived Friday evening. Saturday morning we had to call our son who lives a few miles away to come and help his father off the toilet because there were no handrails at all- we were mortified and my 66 year old husband was crying because he felt so helpless. There was a spa/tub that no one who uses a wheelchair could get into so no shower for him either. After our son helped him get into his wheelchair we had already missed the breakfast so we left for the day. When we returned Saturday evening about 10pm we discovered we had not received any maid service all day either. My husband did not want to try the breakfast buffet Sunday morning because he wanted to be sure we left before he needed to use the toilet. I informed the front desk of all of this when we checked-out Sunday morning and was assured one of the company's representatives would call me Monday to discuss the issues. Today is Wednesday and we have not received a call but they have received full payment for the two nights. My husband has already said he does not want to try going anywhere again but I can assure you if we did we will not be staying at Comfort Suites in Aurora.

Room Tip: Do not stay in standard rooms if you are disabled.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

We tried to contact you with number that was provided and we were unable to reach you. You reserved a Standard Suite. At the time of your booking, our hotel had no Accessible rooms available as they were already reserved by other guests requesting Accessible Accommodations. We reinforced this with you at check in and even gave you an upgrade, even though we told you there was nothing we could do. We apologize that an Accessible room was not available when you attempted to make a reservation however, we would have been happy to find other accommodations for you in the area that would have suited your needs. We had a responsibility to honor other guests who had made their reservations well in advance of yours. Housekeeping service was not provided due to a Do Not Disturb sign on the door the entire day on the 11th which was verified by the staff. I’m unsure as to what else we could have done for you other than offer our apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. Our Employees take great pride in giving our guests the highest possible customer service. Our reviews speak to that and their livelihoods depend on it! Had we been able to help you, we would have. We hope you would give us another chance next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I am coming to to the Comfort Suites in Aurora since more than 10 years and it has alway been super good.

The rooms are very clean and spatious and everything is working very well. The WiFi has a very high speed.

The breakfast is continental but OK.

There is a nice pub/restaurant right next doors: the roundhouse with reasonable prices.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BossErpe-Belgium
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for the kind comments regarding your stay with us. It is such a delight to hear feedback from our guests. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax and recharge. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future when travels bring you to Aurora.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We booked a wedding block at the Comfort Suites for about 40 rooms and we were so happy with the service and cleanliness of the hotel. My family is from the Aurora area but we had lots of out of town guests and this was the perfect place for them - convienent to our church and venue and close to downtown for guests to go to bars and casino. The rooms were beautiful, very clean and spacious and the front desk was very helpful. We also provided welcome bags for our guests and the employees took over so we didn't have another thing to worry about! A great hotel, I would recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank shannon R
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for celebrating your wedding with us and for taking time to share your positive feedback. We were delighted to read that you found the hotel comfortable and accommodating. We are dedicated to providing an effortless and enjoyable stay and guest hospitality. We’re so happy that your guests had a great time staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding that was happening at the roundhouse next door. If it were not for that wedding I would not stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was nice but one of the associates was sick and coughed all over me, my credit card and room key while she was having a personal conversation with one of the housekeepers. When I entered my room it was stale smelling, extremely hot and the carpet and bathroom floors were dirty. The only updated part of the room was the bed. Everything else was old, used and outdated. I was not comfortable to walk around with out my shoes on. Even the shower had stains and the walls had mold growing on them. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you felt the room did not meet your expectations during your brief trip to Aurora. Had we been aware of any problems during your stay, we would have been more than happy to correct the situation. We take pride in our hotel and how we treat all of our guests. Myself and the staff, whose livelihood depends on your being satisfied, hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Our sincerest apologies, that we did not meet your expectations.

Tom Stahl- Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
#6 of 9 in Aurora
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in North Aurora

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville? Share your experiences!