“Wish I could have stayed longer!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Southlake, Texas
“Wish I could have stayed longer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was recently in town on a brief visit with my family and decided to stay at a hotel since space is quite limited at my parents home. Best decision I have made in a long time, not only was everyone at the Comfort Suites very pleasant, but I never slept better! When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by a lady names Taris, She was absolutely very pleasant, she had me and my family laughing the whole time we checked in. It todays world so many staff members just "process" people through the requirements, not taking time to actually notice that there is a real person, with real feelings in front of them. So this was definately a pleasant change of pace! Not only did she greet me, she greeted my children as well! I wish more people would take the time to interract with the family as a whole than just the person paying.

Next went to our rooms to settle in and noticed that the room was well appointed and very clean, you can definately see the pride show in these rooms. The housekeepers were friendly, at least what I encountered with them, and I had the pleasure of meeting the most wonderful breakfast host I have ever met. Esther was so friendly and so smiley, not only was she like this to me, she was like this to everyone that I noticed. She offered coloring pages to my children, and took our plates away. I was able to speak with Genise about my stay, and I must tell you, I though Esther was smiley, Genise is such a warm welcome in the morning, she was very helpful with all the questions that I had, and was positively amazing with her knowledge of the area!

As I was walking to my car with the kids in the morning, a maintenance guy warmly said hello, and was super friendly!

I must say I was overwhelmed with kindness from the staff at this location! They were amazing all around and hands down just a wonderful stay! I typically do not stay at midscale brands because you just never know what your going to get. But I must say, when I come back to the Aurora area, I will definately be staying here! I big Thank You to Taris, Genise, Esther, and I think his name was Jim. You made my stay a memorable one, and kids even asked "I really like this place mommy, when can we come back?"

So thank you again for a wonderful stay, and I really wish I could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: I would opt for a street side room, not only is it a better view, but there is no train
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mluv2travelK
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to review our hotel.

It was a pleasure to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your gratitude to our staff. I am certain that they will be as delighted as I am with your generous comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Comfort Suites; hopefully, in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards,

Tom Stahl Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend, Aug10-12 2012 on our first vacation in the 7 years. I informed the reservation desk that my husband uses a wheelchair when I booked the room and they said that their handicap suite was unavailable but that he would be comfortable in any of their standard rooms. That assurance was repeated when I confirmed the booking Friday morning and again when we arrived Friday evening. Saturday morning we had to call our son who lives a few miles away to come and help his father off the toilet because there were no handrails at all- we were mortified and my 66 year old husband was crying because he felt so helpless. There was a spa/tub that no one who uses a wheelchair could get into so no shower for him either. After our son helped him get into his wheelchair we had already missed the breakfast so we left for the day. When we returned Saturday evening about 10pm we discovered we had not received any maid service all day either. My husband did not want to try the breakfast buffet Sunday morning because he wanted to be sure we left before he needed to use the toilet. I informed the front desk of all of this when we checked-out Sunday morning and was assured one of the company's representatives would call me Monday to discuss the issues. Today is Wednesday and we have not received a call but they have received full payment for the two nights. My husband has already said he does not want to try going anywhere again but I can assure you if we did we will not be staying at Comfort Suites in Aurora.

Room Tip: Do not stay in standard rooms if you are disabled.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
We tried to contact you with number that was provided and we were unable to reach you. You reserved a Standard Suite. At the time of your booking, our hotel had no Accessible rooms available as they were already reserved by other guests requesting Accessible Accommodations. We reinforced this with you at check in and even gave you an upgrade, even though we told you there was nothing we could do. We apologize that an Accessible room was not available when you attempted to make a reservation however, we would have been happy to find other accommodations for you in the area that would have suited your needs. We had a responsibility to honor other guests who had made their reservations well in advance of yours. Housekeeping service was not provided due to a Do Not Disturb sign on the door the entire day on the 11th which was verified by the staff. I’m unsure as to what else we could have done for you other than offer our apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. Our Employees take great pride in giving our guests the highest possible customer service. Our reviews speak to that and their livelihoods depend on it! Had we been able to help you, we would have. We hope you would give us another chance next time you’re in the area.

Aalst, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I am coming to to the Comfort Suites in Aurora since more than 10 years and it has alway been super good.

The rooms are very clean and spatious and everything is working very well. The WiFi has a very high speed.

The breakfast is continental but OK.

There is a nice pub/restaurant right next doors: the roundhouse with reasonable prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BossErpe
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments regarding your stay with us. It is such a delight to hear feedback from our guests. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax and recharge. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future when travels bring you to Aurora.

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We booked a wedding block at the Comfort Suites for about 40 rooms and we were so happy with the service and cleanliness of the hotel. My family is from the Aurora area but we had lots of out of town guests and this was the perfect place for them - convienent to our church and venue and close to downtown for guests to go to bars and casino. The rooms were beautiful, very clean and spacious and the front desk was very helpful. We also provided welcome bags for our guests and the employees took over so we didn't have another thing to worry about! A great hotel, I would recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank shannon R
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for celebrating your wedding with us and for taking time to share your positive feedback. We were delighted to read that you found the hotel comfortable and accommodating. We are dedicated to providing an effortless and enjoyable stay and guest hospitality. We’re so happy that your guests had a great time staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Chelmsford, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding that was happening at the roundhouse next door. If it were not for that wedding I would not stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was nice but one of the associates was sick and coughed all over me, my credit card and room key while she was having a personal conversation with one of the housekeepers. When I entered my room it was stale smelling, extremely hot and the carpet and bathroom floors were dirty. The only updated part of the room was the bed. Everything else was old, used and outdated. I was not comfortable to walk around with out my shoes on. Even the shower had stains and the walls had mold growing on them. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that you felt the room did not meet your expectations during your brief trip to Aurora. Had we been aware of any problems during your stay, we would have been more than happy to correct the situation. We take pride in our hotel and how we treat all of our guests. Myself and the staff, whose livelihood depends on your being satisfied, hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Our sincerest apologies, that we did not meet your expectations.

Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

The location of this hotel was great since it was within walking distance to the train. The hotel and the rooms were clean. Breakfast buffet was nice. The only complaint I have is that we stayed for 3 nights and the 1st two nights someone was smoking in a neighboring room and it came through the vents into our room and it was as bad as if the person was sitting right in our room smoking. We asked the front desk if they could do something and they said they wouldn't be able to find out where it was coming from but we could put an air purifier in our room or we could switch rooms. We chose to switch rooms, inconvienence with 2 kids but couldn't stand the smoke. No fault of the hotel that someone was smoking in their room, however I think they could have walked down the hall and pinpointed it and asked them to move! Overall nice stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Allison C
TomJStahl, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of your experience at our Comfort
Suites. We deeply apologize for having to move rooms and for any
inconvenience this may have caused. Comfort Suites does try to
maintain a 100% smoke free environment . We will be happy to speak
with the front desk regarding this. We're glad to hear that overall
you enjoyed your time and hope to see you again soon.

Tom Stahl-Director of Sales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very happy with our stay at the comfort inn. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. The contintential breakfast was wonderful. Best value all around. Great job aurora comfort inn!! Jodi M. from Michigan

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jodijm
We really appreciate your kind feedback and our staff is very pleased
to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Comfort Suites. Thank you
for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Tom Stahl- Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Meridian Park Suites Aurora
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Aurora

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville? Share your experiences!