“Overnight getaway”

Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight getaway. We needed a place to stay after having a date day and having dinner with friends. The lobby is very clean and quiet. We had no problem checking in. We had a voucher for free breakfast, which was nice. The waitress was very nice, but did not write down our order when we placed it. (That drives my husband crazy.) Then my breakfast was wrong. Not just something small, she put in a totally different order for me! By the time it came out, my husband was done eating. The breakfast was already free (I paid for a voucher online), so there was not anything she could do for us.

Overall, it was a nice experience and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and to hear that you would return I apologize that the restaurant experience was not as it should be. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and I will certainly use this review in training our restaurant staff. I do hope we're able to welcome you back soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife & I stayed at this location for the Easter weekend, Upon Arrival Check in was a Breeze, Very Courteous Staff and Great Appearance in the Lobby.
However the Breakfast is Not Free it is a Full Service Restaurant, and they do Deliver to the Room
This was a Great Feature since my Wife nor I wanted to get up early enough to go down stairs to eat. Our original room was a King bed Room but did not have a Tub so asking for a room with a Tub and changing rooms was not an Issue and we were accommodated without problem.
The only Issues we had was that the TV needed to be on a Swivel stand or Mount for this room so that it can be directed towards one bed or the other, we had to move the entire desk it was mounted too for optimal viewing pleasure, & Channel selection was very minimal.
Over all we give this a 4 1/2 out of 5 Rating for Value, Service & Experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

David, thank you for your review! I love hearing that our staff was not only courteous but met your requests with ease. We're constantly striving to make travel hassle free. The room service definitely helps with this, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of this full service amenity. I am also glad you pointed out a room feature for other reviewers which is that rooms with a King Bed have a shower while the rooms with 2 Queen Beds have a tub/shower combination. In terms of the television, I am working on getting a new system which should offer more variety. I want to thank you again for your review, and I hope we see you here soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a very good experience, good customer service, very clean hotel and nice rooms. Hotel is close to alot of things to keep you busy and there are good resturants near by. The complementary breakfast is great,its not a boring bagel and cereal bar, its nice to have a whole menu of choices. Will be staying here during future visits.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Brandon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Anthony,
I want to thank you for such a kind review! Customer Service is such a high priority to us, and I am so pleased to hear that mentioned in your review. I am also glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast! I agree that it's wonderful to have a menu to choose from. I do want to caution other readers that not all of our rates include breakfast, but there are always breakfast packages available, so I encourage our guests to ask about these when booking.
Thanks again, Anthony, and I hope we'll see you back in Aurora soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

overall stay was great! I was hopefull however that there would be a free continental breakfast.
Hotel was located in excellent area, easy to access. The room was quiet and comfortable. I wasn't overly fond of the pillows, but the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: room was quiet and clean
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Brandon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Joni, thank you first of all for your glowing review! I loved reading that your stay was great in the first line. That's what I want to hear from our guests. We are currently considering all of our options for breakfast. As a full service hotel we felt it was important to our gusts to have a restaurant that provides a full breakfast experience with a chef cooking everything to order. The next time you're in, ask about our great breakfast packages. You'll also be happy to know that we're in the process of upgrading our pillows. I hope you're able to experience both our breakfast package and the new pillows in the near future!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

It's always a pleasure staying at a Holiday Inn. Here in Aurora it was easy on, easy off Interstate 88. Clean and friendly..Could use another treadmill and some free weights for those who want to workout while away.

Darrell,
Thank you for your review! You're definitely right that the location is convenient. It's nice to be so close to such a major Interstate yet not sit directly on it. I appreciate your feedback regarding the fitness center. I will make that a priority when it comes to budgeting to see what upgrades we can make in that room. I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

i really enjoyed staying at this hotel. It is located right off the main interestate with shopping strip malls nearby. The resteraunt food was fabulous, with great service. You walk around and smell amazing fragrances throughout the hotel, which just adds to a pleasureable stay. The only thing that i can think of that stopped my rating from being a 5 is that i had a fuzzy tv picture. Aside from that, i will go back each time i return for busines.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review, Christy! I'm very pleased that you were able to enjoy the restaurant! We have a very talented group of chefs, and I will certainly pass on your compliments to them as well as the servers. It's also nice to hear that you noticed the Holiday Inn signature scents throughout our public spaces! If you get a chance, please let me know what channel was fuzzy and I can check our connections in our equipment room. I sincerely hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon! Thanks again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Everyone was helpful and pleasant. Clean, good food and safe. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The bed was okay, I loved the pillows, TV was okay, should offer movie channels. Plenty choices for breakfast, it was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Brandon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Virginia, it is so rewarding to my staff and I to read a review where the guest says it was their pleasure to stay with us. That is certainly our goal. I do hope to have the TV channels upgraded in the near future. Thank you for your review, and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
#6 of 9 in Aurora
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in North Aurora

Been to Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville? Share your experiences!