“Good and convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Aurora
Herts, UK
“Good and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good express-hotel when in the Chicago suburbs. Last trip, checked in at 22:00 and out again at 05:00, but still got a good night's sleep. The rooms are a decent size and always spotlessly clean. Friendly staff and good food.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brandon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you, Rod, for your review! I certainly hope you are able to spend more time with us the next time you're in Aurora, but I am so pleased that you enjoyed the short time you spent with us on your last trip! I love hearing that your room, the staff, and the food all rated high. We want each part of your stay to be perfect, and I know every department plays a role in this, and I will certainly pass on your review to them. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel was well kept and nice. This H.I has a hotel lobby bar which is always nice when needed. Normal Holiday INN breakfest menu (not bad for hotel food). All your normal restaurants etc within a mile or two of hotel. Great place to stay while passing through, better H.I.Express's ive stayed at.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Zach,
I definitely appreciate your kind words and the fact you took time to write such a glowing review! I agree that it's so convenient to have that restaurant and bar on site. When staying at our hotel, there's no need to brave the Chicago area winter weather just get a cocktail and a bite to eat- it's only a matter of an elevator ride to the lobby!

Hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon, and thank you again!
Savoy, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel is near I-88 and very easy to locate. There are plenty of restaurants around and it is very close to the Premium outlet mall. The rooms are clean and the hotel is quiet overall. Staff is helpful and cordial. Overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review! I agree with you completely that our location really does allow guests easy access to the many sites and attractions of Aurora. Whether it's Chicago Premium Outlets, Paramount Theater, Hollywood Casino, or even Raging Waves waterpark- they're all close by.

I hope we get to welcome you back to our hotel and the Aurora area soon!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Holiday Inn at Aurora, Illinois is a great place to stay. I travel that area for business and have stayed at this property several times. The hotel is located just off the tollway making it convenient. The staff is always professional and accommodating. Always a friendly greeting, fresh cookies and perks for members. I sometimes travel with temperature sensitive product samples for business and the staff has willingly provided me with overnight storage space in the hotel without my having to haul things to my room. The rooms have always been very clean. The lobby, dining and lounge area works well for a quick bite as well as a place to work.
Definitely recommend this hotel.

Victor,
It thrills me to read such a nice review. i am especially happy to see how accommodating our staff has been. That's what we're here to do- make your life on the road as easy possible. I also appreciate your mention of the lobby, dining room, and lounge. Those areas are my favorite in the hotel. The restaurant and bar truly have a comfortable atmosphere, and I am glad you were able to enjoy both. I hope welcome you back to our property in the future, and above all thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed on business. I sent a package of paperwork ahead so I wouldn't have to travel with it, and it was there when I checked in. At check in the front desk clerk was efficient but indifferent. The room was fine, though the bathroom door would not stay open on it's own. When I took a shower I had to prop the door open with a trash can. But the room was clean and functional. One complaint is that the website said the hotel is "connected to" a FedEx Kinkos, which I needed. I'm not sure of their definition of "connected to" but it's different than mine. The FedEx Kinkos is probably half a mile away. The front desk clerk at check out was much more friendly. Overall, an average hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Brandon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Tom,
Thanks so much for your review! I want apologize that your check in experience was indifferent. This is alarming to me as we want each of our guests to feel at home. An indifferent attitude does not create this atmosphere. I'll address that immediately with my front desk team. I appreciate the feedback regarding FedEx. You're absolutely right- it is not connected to the hotel but is instead in one of the shopping centers in front of our hotel. I will work with our website application to have that corrected. I certainly hope we can welcome you back to our hotel soon!
Moreno Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Aurora for 4 nights. Whenever I travel for business in this area I normally stay at another hotel, but that one was full that week. So happy that it was! I liked this Holiday Inn way better. They have an outstanding breakfast menu and more perks for priority club member. Will stay here from now on. Recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandon H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
John,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I can't wait to share it with the staff. I am so glad you had the opportunity to try out our property and that you'll be returning! I certainly agree with you that our breakfast menu has many delicious options, and we're continually changing it with different breakfast specials. It may not be a free breakfast, (unless booked as part of a package that includes breakfast), but it is certainly worth the price to have such an extensive, fresh, cooked-to-order menu. And of course thank you for your membership with Priority Club. Your loyalty to our bands is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your next visit to Aurora!
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

When travelling for work to this area, the Holidat Inn is my hotel of choice. It has all that I need. Great service and value, comfortable accomodations, fitness room, and fine restaurant / bar. Also, it is very close to most of what would be needed.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms offer a view of the front of the hotel.