Holiday Inn Aurora North- Naperville
$72
Rodeway Inn(North Aurora)
$51
  • Fitness center
Comfort Inn & Suites(North Aurora)
$89
All reviewswisconsin cheesecleaning issuesovernight getawayrooms are nicely appointedroom with queen bedsquiet stayoriginal roomnice pooleasy accessexercise roomlocation was perfecttollwaydeskpillowsfreewaytreadmillstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed here to treat myself to an overnight away from home (aka the hubby & cats). It's a new hotel (built within the last year or two) so most everything still has that new hotel look and feel. Check-in was quick & simple. The room that I requested (upper floor and away from elevators) was honored. The room was good sized. The bathroom was average. Disappointed to see there was paint already peeling over the shower and that the tub drain stopper was not in place since I had wanted to take a nice, warm bath. Bed was firm but comfortable. Never have been impressed with any HI's pillow quality. Too small and uncomfortable. Television was small and there is no movie ordering capability which surprised me for a new hotel & especially since HI Express' usually have this service. Channel selection was fair. I didn't check out the pool so I cannot comment on it. I did eat in the restaurant and it was just okay. I would recommend staying here for an overnight if on a road trip but try to get a rate through Priceline or something similar. I wouldn't spend over $120 to stay here again for what little ammenities it has to offer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Twobings
Reviewed October 13, 2011

A group of ten of us from all over the US gathered in Aurora to visit family. We stayed four nights and had five rooms. Accommodations were excellent. I had a handicapped room and it was huge. The bathroom was state of the art and the main room was perfect for anyone needing extra space. We had a connecting room with my brother and never heard any sound from there. In fact, the rooms were soundproof as far as we could tell. The regular rooms were fairly standard in size but all were spotless and well furnished. People at the desk were very helpful. This location is perfect - easy in and out, lots of parking, and little traffic with which to contend. Overall, all of us were favorably impressed with the hotel and the location and will make this our hotel for future visits.

The Holiday Inn is south right off of 88 and easy to find if you are heading west from Chicago. In that case, the road - Orchard - is clearly marked. However, we were driving east toward Chicago and never spotted the road or marker so almost went right into Chicago at rush hour. Went way too far east and had to backtrack.

Back to the hotel: there is a large, comfortable lobby, nice bar, and restaurant. We ate breakfast there every morning and it was the usual breakfast fare. Receiving food ordered off the menu proved to be very slow. On weekends there is a complementary breakfast and it was the usual buffet with very good coffee.

We will definitely return to this hotel for good value, very clean and comfortable rooms, and excellent location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Leland26
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is my 4th stay here, and there are definitely some good things to note: in keeping with the brand, the hotel is clean, modern, and updated. The staff is super friendly and I have nothing but good things to say about the restaurant.

My biggest complaint is about the internet. It's terrible. They clearly have many different routers to try and accommodate, but every hour or so you get kicked offline in the middle of whatever you're doing, and have to log in again to the hotel's system. Hugely frustrating for working from the room.

My other complaint is that I could hear every. single. word. my neighbors in the adjacent room said to each other. And I could tell they were speaking at normal volume. We had those connecting doors, which are WAY too thin. I've had this problem at other new Holiday Inns. Sound is HUGE for comfort in my book, and fortunately I had earplugs... otherwise, I'd have been up as long as my neighbors were up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no neighbors! And as close as possible to a wireless router.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jessjetsetter
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My family and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel and was very impressed. The room was large, spacious, clean and inviting. The bathroom was clean and stocked with big fluffy towels. The employees there were friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were in a special needs room on the fourth floor and it had al amnenities for a wheelchair etc. and the shower was also accommmodating
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet G
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed here in July 2011. The hotel was full with lots of families for the national Turners Convention. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. I had some trouble with key card system, but that is so common it is no reason to avoid this nice place. The TV had a nice cable selection. Out of our large group, I didn't hear anyone complain.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family