“Tasty food, great drinks”

Basil's Greek Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Basil's Greek Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 301 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 59 & New York
Miramar, Florida
“Tasty food, great drinks”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We made a repeat visit to Basil's on Labor Day. We had 5:00 PM reservations and sat inside. There were quite a few empty tables but the waitress was very busy and service was slow. Then we realized that many patrons had chosen to sit outside since the weather was beautiful. The inside tables soon filled up, and it was evident that the restaurant had not planned for this large a crowd. Our waitress was pleasant, polite and accurately fulfilled our orders (party of 4 adults and two children). The ladies enjoyed sangria and I had a very generous "dirty martini." I might have taken a star away but the drinks, appetizers and main courses were outstanding, just a bit slow in coming. Besides,in my opinion this is not as bad as being rushed through the meal. Three of the adults had the lamb shanks which were slow-cooked in a tasty herb marinade and just fell off the bone. Plenty to take home since we filled up on appetizers: dolmas, grilled calamari and octopus.

• Visited September 2013

Oswego, IL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A bridal shower for 30 was my plan for our future daughter-in-law. I chose Basils for the great history of dining that my family and I have had since it opened. We were not disappointed. Angelo is the general manager and a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. The room, the staff, the food and the whole experience was wonderful. The compliments have been coming in all week from family and friends. Thank you to the Wonderful Staff from Basils. We will continue to chose Basils as one of our favorite dining spots in Aurora. When you enter the restaurant Angelo always greets you with "Welcome home". It warms your heart from the start and sets you off on a great dining experience. The staff is and very knowledgeable on wine selection and great food choices. Early this month we tried their halibut for dinner and it was amazing. Forget the chain restaurants Basils offers you great food, sit outside on a great day, sip on a beverage and enjoy!

1 Thank rdtzfam
Aurora, Illinois
“Good but Expensive”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family has been going to Basils since it opened. Food is always constantly good - service is hit and miss. But the prices are on the rise - family of 4 (2 kids) with one bottle of wine and dinner was $130. Not outrageous but not something you can do every week. They are having Monday specials now cutting some dinners by 50% to drum up business but if they lowered the daily price it would get me there more often.

CAIRO
“Best Greek Food...”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Best Greek food I have ever tasted! and I have been to many Greek restaurants. I always go to dine there with my family whenever we are in town. Excellent service and a very welcoming manager.

1 Thank M-Elgawhergy
chicago
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have dined here several times over the last couple months. If you want to escape Illinois and place yourself in the isles of Greece, dine here. The food and service is second to none; 5 stars, top notch.

Will continue to dine here on a regular basis!