“Great location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel was very close to many stores and restaurants. I only stayed one night for business. The bed was comfortable and the hotel seemed clean. There was a variety of choices for breakfast. I only wish they would have put down more salt or sand in the parking lot as it was pretty icy.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your FOUR star review!!!

Thank you for your feedback and I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry the parking lot was not properly salted I will follow up with my vendor to ensure this issue is taken care of. I hope on your next visit the weather is better so you can enjoy all our area has to offer.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed at a few staybridges and like always they seem to get things pretty much right. It's geared more toward business long term stay than overnighters like me.

Check in was pleasant even though I was very tired and probably not in a great mood.
The rooms are clean, well appointed mini apartments and unlike town place suites (which I also like) stay bridge goes the extra little bit with ammenities, they give you a breakfast which in this case included two different pizzas, and eggs and sausage, yogurt,fruit, waffler, plus frozen waffles and cereal and pastries.

They had a evening mgt reception the evening of check in, which was meatball sliders, which considering they are free worked out well (even though I just ate a Giordano's small pizza, FREE is FREE so you have to at least try a sample), there's also salad and wine and beer. Perhaps I was tired because I had a bit of trouble finding the beer tap I circled the food twice before I stumbled over it. (it's away from the wine, over by the juice machine.) and you are limited to 3 glasses. Maybe some other guests were standing near it and blocked my view but I grabbed a bud light and wandered off to my room.

About the only problem with the room was one of the two remote controls for one of the two flat screen tv's was dead and they didn't have FX on their cable line up... and the output from the heat/ac seemed to be opposite of the bed closest to the window so you do get a bit of a breeze. Soap and shampoo selection was decent , in room coffee OK and you even get a bag of pop corn to pop. Wireless interweb worked fine. and unless I'm imagining it the floor tiles in the bathroom seemed warmed up at least near the toilet and shower. (nice touch).

Check out went well, I was staying on points and this location was only 5000 points as it was part of the pointbreaks program for IHG. I didn't wait for a receipt so it was fast and essentially free..

The area surrounding this hotel is a large business industrial park and you feel absolutely safe.
If you venture out onto IL 59 you'll find suburbia at your doorstep, lots of food and shopping within two to 3 miles mostly south of the hotel.

Enjoy your stay , Oh yeah they've got cookies on arrival too..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank willdriveforfood

Thank you for your FOUR star review!!!!

I'm so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us, and was able to enjoy all of our great amenities that we offer. Thank you for your feedback on items we can improve on. I know I can't change the location of the heating vents, but can ensure we make sure all remotes are working upon inspection. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean and comfortable. The suite setup of the rooms include a mini kitchen with a refrigerator, stove top and microwave. The living area includes a large, flat screen tv and is separate from the sleeping area. There are even different types of pillows to accomodate the desired level of support. The free continental breakfast offered many healthy options and the coffee and tea bar is available all day. If you are looking to get a workout in, the fitness center is tiny with one elliptical, one bike and an all-in-one weight machine. If you are determined, the five levels of stairs are a great option! Feel free to use the business center to check email, surf the web and print boarding passes or use your smart phone to tap into the wifi- all are complimentary! Have a great stay and be sure to tell Ray and Susan hi!

• Stayed: February 2013
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for the Five Star Review!!!

We're so glad you enjoyed your time with, and was able to use all our great amenities. Just remember next time you visit if you want a harder work out we offer free passes to a local gym. Ray and I can't wait for your next visit into the area.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family of 5 and our dog stayed 57 days at Staybridge because of a flood at our home. Despite being displaced, our overall experience was wonderful, our room was functional and nice, the staff was WONDERFUL!!

We can't thank Rachel Huerta at the front desk enough for her friendly smile and relationship she built with my kids, we love her and couldn't wait to see her everyday!! Ray Jaimes, Asst GM was also wonderful, friendly and kind, we can't thank him enough for all he did.

We loved the morning breakfast Staybridge offered, as well as the 3 light dinners a week! Very helpful for my busy family!!
Having a pool and basketball court for my boys to use, also wonderful! But I most enjoyed the free laundry that was offered to guests!!

Staybridge is a convienent location, and a wonderful place to stay!
Thank you again!!
Kim Ambrose and family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your FIVE STAR review!!

Thank you for all the nice comments you shared about the hotel and especially the staff. It is always great when the staff can be recognized for their outstanding customer service. I’m glad you got back in your home, and hope to see you soon to visit. You will always be a part of our Staybridge Family!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The experience is ok.

Pros
Close to shopping and restaurants (lots of choices).
Affordable
Staff is quite helpful especially the front desk (they guided best places to eat)
Very close to arora temple and swamy Naryanan temple.
Indoor pool and jacuzzi (I was enjoying it when it is snowing outside).
Free washer and dryer.

Cons
To exit the hotel it was confusing initially.
The elevators were not working and we were on fourth floor (so we need to ask front desk every time). This was fixed next day.
The rooms were ok one of the bed lamp was not working, when I told the front desk they promptly repaired next day. Not sure why the two bed lamps were different in size and shape.

Summary:
This is a good place to stay. The place may need a face lift (a little bit of maintainance). If possible have DVD on site (like red box). You aleready give the player in each room.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your Three Star Review!!

I’m glad you were able to enjoy all our great local amenities. The front desk always works hard at ensuring any concerns of the guests are resolved in a timely manner. We hope to see you again soon. If you have any further feedback please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

With my job, I stay in suites for months at a time. This was a great place to spend 2 months.
The good...
Three hbo channels, largest 1 bdrm suite I've stayed at, great breakfast variety, indoor pool, on a lake with walking trail, plenty of stores nearby, beautiful courtyard and dining room, free laundry, friendliest staff I've seen, 5 mi shuttle service, across the street from train, great price, never had a problem, liked the 6 day light clean/ 1 day deep clean housekeeping model.
The bad...
Need better quality dinners/ more variety w dinner, 20 min to any recreational attractions/activities, when breakfast/ dinner is over they shut off the lights.

• Stayed: July 2012
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for your FIVE star review!!!

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. On your next visit you must try our brand new breakfast and evening dinner food choices we just rolled out this fall. Thank you for the feedback on the breakfast and dinner lights being shut off I can definitely address with the appropriate associates. Should you want to discuss further please feel to contact me directly and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I like to lead with the positive - we were at the hotel because our daughter was in an a volleyball tournament nearby that started early in the morning. The location for us was perfect. Also, we appreciated the free buffet breakfast in the morning. So, that as the good...
Now the negatives. We booked a 2-bdrm suite so our kids would have their own bedroom and bath. We checked in, dropped off our luggage in the room, and headed out to dinner. Things seemed fine, except the room was very cold, so we turned off the air before we headed out. When we returned to the room after dinner the entire place smelled like sewer gas! It was strongest in the main/master bedroom and bath area!!! I have NEVER smelled such an awful odor anywhere, except when walking past some of the street sewers along Michigan Ave in downtown Chicago.
We immediately called the front desk to ask for another room and were told there were no more 2-bdrm suites, but they could come spray some room deodorizer. Hello....it's sewer gas....prolonged low-level exposure can cause fatigue, loss of appetite, headaches, irritability, poor memory and dizziness as well as nausea. The kind, but clueless person from the front desk, did come (40 min later) and spray the room -- that's a whole other story, because the stuff she sprayed had such a strong odor that it would have made me sick if I had to breathe it all evening -- but we still insisted on another room.
Ultimately we were moved to a room with one king bed and a pullout sofa bed for the kids. Not exactly what we wanted for our daughter who had to play volleyball the next morning, but I guess better than making her so ill from sewer gas exposure that she couldn't play at all. We still had to pay for the downgraded room and weren't even offered a comp room for another visit. Maybe they figured we would never want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our second room seemed to have a very faint odor in the bathroom, but it might have just been in our...