“Home away from home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Aurora
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family of 5 and our dog stayed 57 days at Staybridge because of a flood at our home. Despite being displaced, our overall experience was wonderful, our room was functional and nice, the staff was WONDERFUL!!

We can't thank Rachel Huerta at the front desk enough for her friendly smile and relationship she built with my kids, we love her and couldn't wait to see her everyday!! Ray Jaimes, Asst GM was also wonderful, friendly and kind, we can't thank him enough for all he did.

We loved the morning breakfast Staybridge offered, as well as the 3 light dinners a week! Very helpful for my busy family!!
Having a pool and basketball court for my boys to use, also wonderful! But I most enjoyed the free laundry that was offered to guests!!

Staybridge is a convienent location, and a wonderful place to stay!
Thank you again!!
Kim Ambrose and family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your FIVE STAR review!!

Thank you for all the nice comments you shared about the hotel and especially the staff. It is always great when the staff can be recognized for their outstanding customer service. I’m glad you got back in your home, and hope to see you soon to visit. You will always be a part of our Staybridge Family!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The experience is ok.

Pros
Close to shopping and restaurants (lots of choices).
Affordable
Staff is quite helpful especially the front desk (they guided best places to eat)
Very close to arora temple and swamy Naryanan temple.
Indoor pool and jacuzzi (I was enjoying it when it is snowing outside).
Free washer and dryer.

Cons
To exit the hotel it was confusing initially.
The elevators were not working and we were on fourth floor (so we need to ask front desk every time). This was fixed next day.
The rooms were ok one of the bed lamp was not working, when I told the front desk they promptly repaired next day. Not sure why the two bed lamps were different in size and shape.

Summary:
This is a good place to stay. The place may need a face lift (a little bit of maintainance). If possible have DVD on site (like red box). You aleready give the player in each room.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for your Three Star Review!!

I’m glad you were able to enjoy all our great local amenities. The front desk always works hard at ensuring any concerns of the guests are resolved in a timely manner. We hope to see you again soon. If you have any further feedback please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

With my job, I stay in suites for months at a time. This was a great place to spend 2 months.
The good...
Three hbo channels, largest 1 bdrm suite I've stayed at, great breakfast variety, indoor pool, on a lake with walking trail, plenty of stores nearby, beautiful courtyard and dining room, free laundry, friendliest staff I've seen, 5 mi shuttle service, across the street from train, great price, never had a problem, liked the 6 day light clean/ 1 day deep clean housekeeping model.
The bad...
Need better quality dinners/ more variety w dinner, 20 min to any recreational attractions/activities, when breakfast/ dinner is over they shut off the lights.

• Stayed: July 2012
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you for your FIVE star review!!!

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. On your next visit you must try our brand new breakfast and evening dinner food choices we just rolled out this fall. Thank you for the feedback on the breakfast and dinner lights being shut off I can definitely address with the appropriate associates. Should you want to discuss further please feel to contact me directly and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I like to lead with the positive - we were at the hotel because our daughter was in an a volleyball tournament nearby that started early in the morning. The location for us was perfect. Also, we appreciated the free buffet breakfast in the morning. So, that as the good...
Now the negatives. We booked a 2-bdrm suite so our kids would have their own bedroom and bath. We checked in, dropped off our luggage in the room, and headed out to dinner. Things seemed fine, except the room was very cold, so we turned off the air before we headed out. When we returned to the room after dinner the entire place smelled like sewer gas! It was strongest in the main/master bedroom and bath area!!! I have NEVER smelled such an awful odor anywhere, except when walking past some of the street sewers along Michigan Ave in downtown Chicago.
We immediately called the front desk to ask for another room and were told there were no more 2-bdrm suites, but they could come spray some room deodorizer. Hello....it's sewer gas....prolonged low-level exposure can cause fatigue, loss of appetite, headaches, irritability, poor memory and dizziness as well as nausea. The kind, but clueless person from the front desk, did come (40 min later) and spray the room -- that's a whole other story, because the stuff she sprayed had such a strong odor that it would have made me sick if I had to breathe it all evening -- but we still insisted on another room.
Ultimately we were moved to a room with one king bed and a pullout sofa bed for the kids. Not exactly what we wanted for our daughter who had to play volleyball the next morning, but I guess better than making her so ill from sewer gas exposure that she couldn't play at all. We still had to pay for the downgraded room and weren't even offered a comp room for another visit. Maybe they figured we would never want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our second room seemed to have a very faint odor in the bathroom, but it might have just been in our...
Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I would like to first apologize for your poor experience while staying at Staybridge. I can assure you my staff and I work very hard to give every guest that stays with us a positive memorable stay. I had my engineering look further into your comments regarding the room and was assured there is no gas/sewer leak in that room or the hotel, and further looking into what may be causing the odor. If there is anything I can additionaly assist you with or if you would like to talk further about your stay please feel free to contact me directly.

630-429-2512 Direct

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our stay at the Staybridge was very nice, the room was very clean and the staff was very courteous. The disappointing thing was we chose this hotel over others because it had a pool and a spa. The pool is in need of some serious work, the bottom showed many signs of peeling paint. The spa was terrible, the water wasn't even warm. We informed the front desk and she said she would inform maintenance of the issue. The next morning we again tried the spa. The maintenance worker cleaning the pool said this when we told him that the spa was still cold. "The heater is broken, They know about it for some time but won't fix it".

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your three star review!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and wanted to let you know the spa is up and working. All issues have been fixed. The pool we have a scheduled date to reseal the bottom. I hope your next visit to the Aurora are you stay with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

There were 5 adults staying here all stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite (smoking), one adult doesn't smoke and that's me! I will tell you this we walked in the room and believe it or not it did NOT smell of smoke at all. The room was great. 2 separate bedrooms full family room and nice studio style kitchen with full size fridge, toaster oven, 2 burner stove top, full size coffee maker. We stayed 2 nights. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
GMSusanSelim, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us!
I'm very happy your and the rest of your party enjoyed your stay with us. If you have any additional needs please feel free to reach out to me directly.

630-978-2222

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and it was overall a positive experience.

The positives:

The hotel is easy to find and has quite a few restaurants within walking distance.
There is a nice lakeside trail out back for running.
The room was spotlessly clean.
Towels were replensihed and beds made at weekends without having to request the service.

The points which let the hotel down:
There was only one remote for 2 TV's - upon reporting this we were informed this was normal as "most people only watch one at a time"
The breakfast service was at best spotty - on our first morning it was very busy and items were not replenished as they ran out. The hot water was lukewarm and I was told it would not be replaced until we had used what was there.
By far the biggest let down though was the attitude of one of the breakfast staff. Numerous guests asked her questions and she completely ignored them, turning her back and at one point shrugging her shoulders. She finally was able to make it clear she spoke no English whatsoever which is absolutely unacceptable for an employee who needs to react to customers.

For me the positives outweighed the negatives however the staff member above needs reassigning to a task with no customer contact and some proper management employed in the dining area or this will drag down an otherwise good quality hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your three star review!!!

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope you had a chance to try one of our many restaurants in the area and on your next visit you must let me know which one was your favorite. I appreciate all your feedback and assure you all issues mentioned I addressed with the appropriate party. Any additional feedback please feel free to reach out to me directly.

630-429-2512 (Direct Phone)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago / Aurora
Candlewood Suites Aurora - Naperville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Aurora - Naperville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Aurora
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville
Hotel Indigo Naperville Riverwalk

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Aurora Naperville? Share your experiences!